Tune in radio?

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get tune in to work on Google Home? Maybe it's not actually supported yet?

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
So, you have to cast it to the speaker within the app itself. I've tried every combination I can think of and you can't launch a radio station by voice for Home itself. You'll have to treat the home speaker like a casting device. Kinda bums me out. I was really looking forward to saying "Play KROQ (on tune-in)" and having it start playing without a 2nd device.

zigg8272

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Tunein works fine for me. I say ok google start wnrn and it starts playing it right away, I don't even have to say play wnrn on tunein. I'm not sure why yours doesnt work. I opened it yesterday set it up and straight out fo the box it works. Maybe I will post a video later to show you.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Tunein works fine for me. I say ok google start wnrn and it starts playing it right away, I don't even have to say play wnrn on tunein. I'm not sure why yours doesnt work. I opened it yesterday set it up and straight out fo the box it works. Maybe I will post a video later to show you.

Thanks, I'll keep messing with mine as well. I've tried play K-R-O-Q, play K-Rock, with and without saying tune in after.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
are you a tunein subscriber? If not that could have something to do with it

Yep, I actually use tune in pro on a daily basis but I saw from the home app that it recommended the regular tune in app. So I downloaded that and logged into my tune in account. I keep KROQ set as a favorite on tune in pro as well. I even tried saying "play The World Famous KROQ" and no luck. When I ask google to search for KROQ it'll give me web results and I've tried asking it to "play that station" just to see if I'd get lucky. So far I'm at a loss of what the catch phrase is to pick that one up.

zigg8272

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
So I tried your radio station and I can't get it to work either. It has to be something with the name of the station and GH. It works on all of my stations in my fav's

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
So I tried your radio station and I can't get it to work either. It has to be something with the name of the station and GH. It works on all of my stations in my fav's

I agree. Just casting to it from the app for now. Android Auto used to be the same. Then one day I tried it because it had been a while and it worked. I have to idea what the difference was. I'll try again after a few weeks and see what happens. Thank you for confirming that I wasn't crazy!

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I can't get GH to play 'Cinemix' in tunein or otherwise. :(
Follow up: I had to say 'Cinemix FM' and it played it right away. Phraseology is a *****.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I can't get GH to play 'Cinemix' in tunein or otherwise. :(
Follow up: I had to say 'Cinemix FM' and it played it right away. Phraseology is a *****.

Thanks. I felt like I've tried saying it every which way and I still have can't get mine to recognize. I keep getting the can't find it or not available right now response. I'll try it again tonight after work.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Try saying "Play K-Rock FM" that worked for me. Phraseology

These are the phrases that I've tried switching between the words in parentheses;
- Play K ROCK (FM)/(L.A.)/(Los Angeles)
-Stream K Rock (FM)/(L.A.)/(Los Angeles)
-Play K R O Q (FM)/(L.A.)/(Los Angeles)
-Stream K R O Q (FM)/(L.A.)/(Los Angeles)
-Play 106.7 (FM)/(L.A.)/(Los Angeles)
- Stream 106.7 (FM)/(L.A.)/(Los Angeles)

I've also tried Factory Resetting the home speaker. I had also thought that it might be because I have tune in and tune in pro installed on my phone so I deleted tune in, kept tune in pro and tried again with the same combinations with no changes. I will just keep casting to the speaker for now and keep trying to start the stream by voice and see if I get lucky one day.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I have TuneIn Radio Pro and it works fine. On a side note, when is Fox News coming to TuneIn Radio?

Just because this peeked my curiosity, can you try to play 106.7 KROQ out of LA? Also where are you located? I'm able to get certain local channels to play but not everything and not stations from other States.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Cleveland, Ohio.

148e4a16c3a3d8fd232dea9df3ad8ba6.jpg

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have Tune In Pro. Seems to work just fine.
I had the same issue at first. The trick is to say the radio station as it is listed in the app. Not necessarily the call sign.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
So what did you say exactly to get your station to play? I'll try it with mine to see if it works. As of yesterday I still couldn't get it to work.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So what did you say exactly to get your station to play? I'll try it with mine to see if it works. As of yesterday I still couldn't get it to work.

I got a station to play called kroq but I don't think it's the right station... it played rock music tho... I just pronounced it k-rook instead of rock... I said "hey google, play k-rook fm" and it replies sure here's k-rock on tunein

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan