Google Home Wish List

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Quick and fun list of what you hope Google Home will be able to do via voice commands...

"OK, Google..."

Hey google make a calendar appointment for.....

Hey google make a list (that isn't a grocery list)

Hey google email so and so about such and such

Hey google answer more internet search related questions without saying that you cannot reply but your learning

Hey google move my appointment

Hey google when is your next feature enhancing update?

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Allow me to control groups of lights without having to say light at the end of the group name.

For example I have a lamp with 2 Philips Hue bulbs in it... I created a group with these 2 bulbs called "Lamp". To control this group from Home I have to say, "Ok Google, turn on lamp light." Whereas I would rather be able to just say, "Ok Google, turn on lamp."

I know this sounds trivial... but when my family is used to saying, "Alexa, turn on the lamp"... and now with the Google Home they think it doesn't work or we have to repeat ourselves a lot because we didn't say" light" at the end... Gets very annoying.

Last edited:

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
"hey google"...
Remind me....
Add (insert chore) to my to do list (Keep)
Add to my grocery list (NOT keep... I have OurGroceries and want to be able to add it there!... However I doubt this will ever happen)
Add to my calendar
If I search for something I need to see or navigate to seamlessly show the results on my phone
If I ask what's playing show me on my phone (the album cover etc... Can't always understand what Google said)
I'd love bluetooth phone functionality but not as the default. I'd prefer the call still be via phone unless I initiate it from Google Home via voice command or specifically transfer it to Google Home similar to how speaker works.

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey Google: remind me, add to my calendar, call xxxx, text xxxx, email xxxx, post on Facebook, post on Google+, talk to someone in another room that has Google Home,

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
That would require adding Bluetooth capability at the very least. Cast protocol isn't designed for calls.
The chipset has Bluetooth built in so this "should" be possible. It would certainly be a distinguishing feature, but "remind me to…” is my most missed (and pretty disappointing this was not there out of the box).

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It's not a phone and it doesn't have BT

As I mentioned earlier, the Home's chipset does have Bluetooth. And you don't need Bluetooth to send a text; the phone can be sent directions to send text's from USB or wifi.

So it is definitely possible. As to whether it will be implemented is anyone's guess.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned earlier, the Home's chipset does have Bluetooth. And you don't need Bluetooth to send a text; the phone can be sent directions to send text's from USB or wifi.

So it is definitely possible. As to whether it will be implemented is anyone's guess.

I wrote that comment before I saw your comment. Anything is possible, but if Google Home is the same HW as the Chromecast device, and that device doesn't use BT, then the GH will probably not use BT either. Also, BT is just wireless USB, so I know that's possible, but name one device that sends directions to a cell phone via WiFi.

morjoie

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Quick and fun list of what you hope Google Home will be able to do via voice commands...

"OK, Google..."

I wish I could change the wake word. Would also love to be able to change the voice, set reminders, add to and delete from calendar, delete from lists, keep multiple lists, send directions to my phone and do follow up questions and commands without having to insert the wake word! Gotta be honest, I don't understand why Google Home couldn't at least do reminders and appointments on launch. That is a real head scratcher...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2