Cast in the middle of a song

RocketmanN7

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to start casting a song to a Chromecast in the middle of playing it on home without starting it all over? This is especially annoying if you are in the middle of an album because I have found no way to start an album on anything but the first song.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I was trying do this same thing yesterday, except I was actually trying to do it to a group... I have 2 Home devices and I was playing music on one but I wanted to switch it to both of them with the group by saying play this Upstairs, and it didn't let me, I had to start it over and lost the song I was listening to cause it was a station.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah… you have to remember how casting works. It sets up a stream from the source (usually the internet) to the target device(s). Changing the devices requires reinitiating the stream.

It would be nice if the assistant was smart enough to know what was currently being played and simply setup the new stream to reestablish playback from that point, but that would require more smarts than the Assistant currently has. Right now it can't even look up your purchased and uploaded music.

Maybe some day.