Home and phone stepping on each other's toes

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have Assistant on my Nexus 6, my GHome and my phone are often getting in each other's way when I say ”hey Google."

When I want to wake up Home in my bedroom, my phone often also wakes up, then says "casting to another device" then sticks on that screen, requiring me to hit the home button to exit Assistant, then put the screen back to sleep.

If I have my phone in the living room and want to use Assistant there, it'll STILL cast to the Home.

Anyone else having this kind of trouble with multiple Assistant devices in their homes?

RobE2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe. Last night I pulled out my phone and said, " Okay, Google, wake me up at 6:45." Then Google Home, on a table in the living room, said, "Okay, setting alarm for 6:45am."
I thought, "That's weird." and didn't give it any more thought until I woke up at 7:20 this morning. Did I sleep through my alarm, turn it off in my sleep, or did Google sound the alarm in the living room instead of on my phone? I don't know how to tell.

anstro76

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Maybe. Last night I pulled out my phone and said, " Okay, Google, wake me up at 6:45." Then Google Home, on a table in the living room, said, "Okay, setting alarm for 6:45am."
I thought, "That's weird." and didn't give it any more thought until I woke up at 7:20 this morning. Did I sleep through my alarm, turn it off in my sleep, or did Google sound the alarm in the living room instead of on my phone? I don't know how to tell.
If Google home responds that's what your alarm will be set on. If you want to use the phone assistant hit the mic and don't voice activate. The alarm on The Home unit is a joke btw.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae