Unable to play radio

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I picked one up yesterday, impressive so far but it seems unable to play any radio station.

I assume that it is using Tune In for this, have done a search ad this seems to be a fairly common problem over the last 6 months! Very disappointing that it hasn't been sorted as radio is listed as a selling point here.

Anyone have a solution?

Update: ah, ok, is a known issue with playing anything from the BBC as well as with Tune In?! Radio seems pretty basic functionality for a speaker to get righ before launch!

Last edited:

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried "casting" to your Google Home from your phone or tablet? If you can get the radio stations you like on your phone or tablet via Tunein or the music channel you chose as your default app then you can most likely "cast" it to your Google Home device.

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried "casting" to your Google Home from your phone or tablet? If you can get the radio stations you like on your phone or tablet via Tunein or the music channel you chose as your default app then you can most likely "cast" it to your Google Home device.

Yes, plays fine on both phone and tablet, and can cast to Chromecast on its own, but soon as I try to cast to home or a group containing home, it just stops

angelecr

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I picked one up yesterday, impressive so far but it seems unable to play any radio station.

[snip]
Update: ah, ok, is a known issue with playing anything from the BBC as well as with Tune In?! Radio seems pretty basic functionality for a speaker to get righ before launch!

Mine plays BBC Radio without problem. I do not use Tunein. "Play BBC radio 4" works for me.

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
It should use iPlayer in the UK, works for some but not others and google don't seem to have a clue why! Very frustrating that they keep posting in their forums that it is now fixed despite people immediately posting that it is not. Wondering if they even know what testing is?!

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
It started working last weekend after a firmware update, but looking at Google's own forums, the problem is still persisting for some people

mg5051

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Go into the application
Google home, I am assuming your using that one.

Settings, application manager, Google home,
Device permission

Make sure you have microphone on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez