Can't Use Microphone, Restart Your Device Error

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
We just got a Home today. Wife connect her G6, I connected my Turbo, and we connected Nest.

Problem is when we played music, it wasn't playing songs I have in my Google Play Music app. So, knowing we can 'customize' Home to recognize my voice and play music in my app, I went to set up my voice recognition.

Problem is I always get the "Can't Use Microphone, Restart Your Device" error and occasionally get the "Enrollment Can't Complete" as well.

I tried restarting, disabling Moto Voice app (read that was a solution for some), and checking my Google App permission to allow voice recording (it isn't​ listed, but all permissions including microphone were allowed).

So, at a loss. Anyone have the solution?

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Post your question over on the Reddit Google Home Forum. Hopefully you may get some assistance over there.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could help but i don't think I fully understand the issue... Are you saying the home isn't recognizing your voice?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure. I'm using the app to try to set up my voice so it can discern between my wife and I. That's when I get the error.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It basically fixed itself. Tried it again yesterday, and it magically worked.

That said, I find it silly that if I ask GH to play a song in my GPM music library it won't and will play GPM radio instead. But, if I ask it to play one of my playlists, it will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton