Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do carrier policies still apply to the Nexus One?

So I'm looking to get an Android phone in July, and assuming the N1 is out for Verizon by then, I think I might be leaning to that. However, Verizon has a 30-day guarantee with their phones that you can return the phone and get your money back and everything, no questions asked. Does anyone know if that will still apply to the Nexus One? I feel hesitant about buying a phone before testing it in my hands, but it doesn't look like I have that option with the Nexus One. Any help would be much appreciated!
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

If the phone is subsidized by Verizon then I would say yes. If the phone is like for AT&T then no. You can return the phone to Google, but you'd have to pay the restocking fee's for it and you'll have to deal with Verizon to cancel the account if it was new service.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, it would be subsidized by Verizon (as long as they'll allow annual upgrades to get the N1). I just want to make sure I can return the phone within 30 days and get my upgrade back if I decide I don't like it. Although I really hope they'll just start putting the damn thing in stores, if only just to show it off...
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

Global Posts
    9,478 Global Posts

I highly doubt they will put the phone in stores but I guess you never know. I have a nexus one from at&t and love it its a blazing fast phone

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

No N1 wont be sold in any carrier store. It is google's exclusive phone. Even reps don't mention the N1 so no N1 in carrier stores.

Global Posts
    19,870 Global Posts

It seems like the standard return policy is 14 days that Google has been using. Not sure if it would change for Verizon.

In California, it's 30 days, regardless.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slinky317 View Post
    Yeah, it would be subsidized by Verizon (as long as they'll allow annual upgrades to get the N1). I just want to make sure I can return the phone within 30 days and get my upgrade back if I decide I don't like it. Although I really hope they'll just start putting the damn thing in stores, if only just to show it off...
    You would have 14 days to return the phone and 30 days to cancel the service. You would be charged $45 if the phone is opened. (more if its engraved)