Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Nexus One to arrive Monday

EDIT: One question - Will I be able to sync my Google calendar and contacts OTA or will I need an app for that?

New member and new (almost) Android user here. Excited about getting my new phone tomorrow. I am concerned about the battery life but have been reading all weekend.

I am a former member of Treo Central and have used Palm and Windows devices extensively.

If the battery can get me through the day I'll be happy. I am currently using a Blackberry 9700 and you can't run that one down in a day. I just hate the small screen and browser.

Anyways, been reading a lot of posts here. Thanks for all of the useful information!
    Last edited by mbranscum; 04-25-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Get you a car and desktop dock. I have had no issues with battery power since I started using these.

Global Posts
    19,915 Global Posts

Welcome to the Android family.

If you keep the brightness down, that should definitely help with battery.

A lot may say to download Task Killers, but it really didn't help me & made my device suck.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,100 Global Posts

OTA. Once you sign in, you're good to go. It'll all happen automagically.

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    EDIT: One question - Will I be able to sync my Google calendar and contacts OTA or will I need an app for that?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the replies! Looking foward to playing with it!

If you're like me you will have terrible battery life the first day or so. I assume because the battery needs to be exercised to reach it's full potential, and you're playing with the phone constantly
    So, don't be alarmed if at first your battery goes down very quickly.

Global Posts
    19,915 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tjp888 View Post
    If you're like me you will have terrible battery life the first day or so. I assume because the battery needs to be exercised to reach it's full potential, and you're playing with the phone constantly
    So, don't be alarmed if at first your battery goes down very quickly.
    For me it was the opposite... battery life was ridiculously good the first day, but then again, I didn't even use a sim card (used wifi at first).
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

It takes a week or two for the battery to break in. I now can make it almost through the day with moderate use. Not an issue most days as I plug it in at the office and in the car. For trips I bought a spare from Google for $25 to eliminate any problems.

Global Posts
    9,482 Global Posts

I cant get through a day on the battery I ordered a extended battery from seido to get me through a day...

Quote Originally Posted by robsw View Post
    It takes a week or two for the battery to break in. I now can make it almost through the day with moderate use. Not an issue most days as I plug it in at the office and in the car. For trips I bought a spare from Google for $25 to eliminate any problems.
    Yeah, same for me. Typically I can make it through the day without any problem (14hrs - down to 25%). Really depends on how many calls I had.

Run your phone down to automatic power off, and charge it fully, and your battey will significantly longer than it will out of the box.

Like all devices with this type of battery, you are not conditioning the battery itself, you are teaching the charge circuit how low the battery can go before the battery protection chip embedded in the battery steps in and disconnects to protect the battery.

I get all day on mine, most of which is web traffic.