Replacement Nexus One - Refurbished or New?

jmwein

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a stuck pixel on my Nexus One screen (it stays an aqua blue color) so I called Google support last night. Since they determined it was a hardware issue they got an HTC rep on the line who took over the issue from where we left off (the support from both sides was excellent).

The HTC rep mentioned that they would send me a brand new device and said it was b/c they don't yet have refurbished N1's with at&t's 3g band. They had to put a hold on my CC for the amount of the new phone which they will release once I return the defective one.

My question is, is the rep telling the truth about there not yet being refurbished at&t N1's and once I get the replacement, how can I determine if it is new or refurbished? Thanks.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I see no reason for them to lie to you.

The ATT version is so new, and the basic hardware has been out long enough for most bugs to be out, that the return rate of the ATT version is probably pretty low, and the time needed to turn-around and re-package any returns has been very short.

So you got a new one coming. And it has the same warranty.
So what would be the problem in either case?
The re-furbs I've seen from other manufacturers are indistinguishable from new.

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Getting a refurbished phone is not necessarily a bad thing anyway. That means that someone took the time to make sure it was up and in working order where new ones dont necessarily get that time.. I have received refurbished phones that were in perfect working order

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1