Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 3G recovery problems

    The 3g problem is well known but I haven't seen any mention the problem I have which is when I'm on a call in a 3g area then move to a 2g area and back to the 3g area I have to hang up the phone in order to get 3g again,how many of you guys experience this?
  2. #2  
    noaim's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,474 Global Posts

    Default

    ill have to pay attention more I guess I never pay attention
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macklesdaddy View Post
    The 3g problem is well known but I haven't seen any mention the problem I have which is when I'm on a call in a 3g area then move to a 2g area and back to the 3g area I have to hang up the phone in order to get 3g again,how many of you guys experience this?
    it sounds like you are on the ATT network. the att network is not configured to transfer a call from GSM back to 3G during a call. but it can go the other way during a call, from 3G to gsm. the network is just not yet setup for this, but it will be at some point in the future, probably when ATT feels its network is ready.

    note this is common to ALL phones on att, not just the nexus one.
  4. #4  
    88 FLUX's Avatar

    Posts
    625 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macklesdaddy View Post
    The 3g problem is well known but I haven't seen any mention the problem I have which is when I'm on a call in a 3g area then move to a 2g area and back to the 3g area I have to hang up the phone in order to get 3g again,how many of you guys experience this?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter View Post
    it sounds like you are on the ATT network. the att network is not configured to transfer a call from GSM back to 3G during a call. but it can go the other way during a call, from 3G to gsm. the network is just not yet setup for this, but it will be at some point in the future, probably when ATT feels its network is ready.

    note this is common to ALL phones on att, not just the nexus one.
    you beat me to it. lol

    Yes, as RogerPodacter said, any phone on AT&T's network has no problem handing off from 3G to 2G/2.5G during a call but cannot switchover in the opposite direction. This is a network limitation and not a problem with your Nexus One.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    well since I'm on tmobile and not att now what?
  6. #6  

    Default

    t-mobile is setup the same as ATT, meaning the network is not configured to hand off in that direction during a call.
  7. #7  
    88 FLUX's Avatar

    Posts
    625 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macklesdaddy View Post
    well since I'm on tmobile and not att now what?
    should have clarified that AT&T was being used more for example purposes than as the culprit. It's just GSM technology.

Posting Permissions

B