Issue with phone ringtone

chepeliyas

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue with my Nexus One, where I can't change the ringtone. I got the phone 3 days ago, and I have installed several apps, but nothing out of this world; and after I turned on the Cytone's Phone Mod and Wysie's Contacts Mod using the Spare Parts app, and now when I try to change the phone ringtone, I get this message:

Sorry!
The application com.htc (process com.htc) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force Close

And nothing seems to fix this error. I turned off the Mods, I created extra folders on the SD Card for extra ringtone, I even tried to stop the process using the Dev tools app, but I haven't being able to fix the error.

Now I can't change the ringtone using the settings app, and the only way to change it, is using Astro, and selecting a tone from the SD Card, so it can be used as a ringtone.

What can I do????'

chepeliyas

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your answers, but the problem is still there. I rebooted the phone several times, and nothing got fixed. I also so the ringtone tutorial, but it didn't mention the problem I have.
I will wait for Froyo to come out, and maybe the upgrade will fix the ringtone error.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, that is pretty wierd.

I followed the directions in the tutorial and created the directory structure it mentioned and then moved all my ring tones into that directory. When they are in that directory, you don't have to tell the phone to use them as ringtones, it knows that already.

Of course, this broke the link to any Contacts using my ringtones in their old locations, so I had to assign ring tones to those contacts again.

(Note I used stock features to do this, no additional mods or anything).

But I never had your issue, so I can't say why you can't change the ring tones. Still it seems to me that going back to square one might be the best bet.

chepeliyas

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again for your help. I will try all the suggestions mentioned in the post again, and with the launch of froyo today, maybe upgrading will help too.

Thanks!

chepeliyas

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Got Froyo installed since yesterday, and everything works fine again. Now I can change all the ringtones, but there are a coupe of things I miss from my rooted rom. I can't see the battery percentage anymore on the homescreen, and I can't use the trackball to wake up the phone. Got something to do with Spare Parts, which I downloaded, but it seems it's not the same as before; I can't play with rom settings anymore.