Planning to replace BB Storm with ATT Nexus One...

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlocked storm that I have working on ATT's 2G network, and I am planning on replacing it with the N1 with ATT 3G.

I am quite impressed with what I have seen so far, and every negative articles I see point more towards Google's support structure than the device itself. I have no real need for telephone support, because (duh) we have the internet, and I am not shy when it comes to fixing something myself.

I am just tired of having to constantly load new hybrid OS's onto my Storm in order to fix issues... only to introduce new problems. An update every now and then is fine... but several times a month is a bit over the top.

Anyway, hoping to get an N1 soon.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you were the kind of guy who wouldn't have minded messing with his OS if he was able to make it better.

Prepare yourself for the nerdgasm.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind wiping, rooting, rebuilding, etc.

Typically there are methods available to fix a bricked phone, so there's no real danger.

The Storm got better with version 5 OS, but soon the hardware could no longer keep up. The 128 MB of memory, and poor memory management are the biggest problems with BB OS on the storm. Even if they fix the management issue, the most free memory on the first gen Storm is around 25-30MB, unless you run with no apps at all and drop every non-essential standard feature... but then it just becomes a phone.

Yeah, I'm ready for something bigger and better.

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I had a blackberry storm and I will say its not even on the same level as the nexus one... the nexus one is amazing

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I am a blackberry lover, They have amazing devices but, Until they bring their operating system up to speed I'll be watching them from the sidelines, Android blows it out of the water in almost every way. The N1 is one of the best Android devices in my opinion, you wont regret it at all, but you might miss your BB for some of the simple things like its e-mail, i would say physical keyboard but you're on a storm so.. Regardless, do it up, and good luck

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am a blackberry lover, They have amazing devices but, Until they bring their operating system up to speed I'll be watching them from the sidelines, Android blows it out of the water in almost every way. The N1 is one of the best Android devices in my opinion, you wont regret it at all, but you might miss your BB for some of the simple things like its e-mail, i would say physical keyboard but you're on a storm so.. Regardless, do it up, and good luck

BB began as an amazing work/communication device, but its complete dependence on either BIS or BES has burned me many times.

I really think the concept of proxy access to the internet is way outdated and instead of being a benfit for mobile devices it is now a detriment, and BB has not changed their paradigm to consider high-speed mobile internet access. Plus RIM doesn't seem to care for keeping the technology up to date...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo