1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flimsy headset?

Had my N1 since the beginning of February. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed while trying to pause my music that the control buttons on my headset weren't working.

At first I attributed to yet another bug in the Desire ROM for Nexus One.. So I lived with it, until I got sick of the Desire ROM and came back to a mostly stock ROM.

Cue today, I tried again and the buttons didn't do anything. Strange. A bug in the customized ROM?

So I plugged in my headset on my Macbook. Back in February I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the buttons on the headset were able to control iTunes, just like with the Apple earphones.

Sure enough, nothing happened this time around. The buttons did nothing. I can only guess now that the headset's buttons are dead, something got disconnected somehow as I carried them around and used them.

doh

Was I too rough on my headphones? I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to me, both ears still work fine so I hope I'm not slowly breaking them by rolling them (in a circle about the size of my fist) every time I'm done with them?

P.

No problem with headset that came with the N1 so far.
    However I did buy a pair of expensive after-market headsets for music and the same thing happened to them. No clue how, but I suspect the switch/mic is the weak point of these things.

If anything, the N1 headset seems more robust than most.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

oh well I guess I'll just have to live with what happened. Sucks about your expensive headset too btw..

P

I had this same problem, phoned up HTC and they sent out a new pair straight away, no questions asked. It must be a common bug. Same thing happened with my old HTC Hero ones (which are the exact same but white).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Alright, I'll try phoning them, see what happens. I'll hope for the best but not expect much.

cheers!

P.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Strangely enough, the buttons were working tonight. I'm baffled but I'll take it if it works lol

P