1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Default insane t-mobile speeds on my n1

so i was doing some speedtest out of curiosity and here is what i came up with

Try it again with wifi off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

its on hsdpa

That's strange, the 3g icon was showing data transfer over 3g. But it looked like his phone was rooted, so I bet some WiFi trickery is going on making it look like 3g.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter View Post
    That's strange, the 3g icon was showing data transfer over 3g. But it looked like his phone was rooted, so I bet some WiFi trickery is going on making it look like 3g.
    Ha. Doubtful. I'm not aware of any root apps that will do this, or any mods that can achieve this.

(and do you people really think that people would waste their time doing stuff like this?)
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would never trust that site. I once did a speed test on my iPhone 3GS (3MB test) and I got a result of about 83Mbps download on AT&T's network. Did it again and got 50.

Yeah, Mbps. Not Kbps.

Since then, I'll never trust that site again. Too inaccurate. I'd just stick with the speedtest.net app.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Ha. Doubtful. I'm not aware of any root apps that will do this, or any mods that can achieve this.

(and do you people really think that people would waste their time doing stuff like this?)
    I'm not judging the OP in any way, i hope he really does get speeds like that.

But faking this is a matter of changing 3 icons
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Why dont you download the speedtest.net app and post those results. I'm using an unrooted N1 in philly on tmobile and I get4293 kbps DL and 1318 kbps UL...

Default Speedtest.net T-mobile N1 in Philly

This is the 3G speed I am getting in Philly using t-mobile on my N1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails insane t-mobile speeds on my n1-3837019.jpg  
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I am rooted, desire rom, no hacks to trick the 3g instead of WiFi icon.
    now that its out of the way I tested my home WiFi with the same site and I get anywhere between 3 and 6 mb/s (i have clearwire). I also downloaded the speedtest app but it shows my location in DC. Im in chicago. So that's weird. In no way I'm bragging about my downlink speeds as I'm not even sure if this accurate myself. But my WiFi test was spot on so take it as you please

Tried that site on the wi-fi network here at the community college I work at (which has a 150 Megabit ORCA connection) and got 1815 kbps - which is about 1.8 mbps? Mind you its mid day and all the students are busy thrashing it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You might be hitting on T-mobile's HSPA+ network upgrade if you're in Chicago. I can't imagine that there are a ton of users with handsets that can use it yet, so it might still be pretty fast.