Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Current state of the Nexus One on T-mobile

Hey everyone,
    I'm a new poster but long time reader. I think I am finally going to pull the trigger on the Nexus One on T-mobile (hopefully if they announce Android 2.2 at the Google I/O today...). However, I just wanted to see if any current T-mobile Nexus One owners could chime in and let me know how the device is currently working. I remember reading some initial complaints about the connection quality. Also I remember some issues with build quality with the buttons on the front not always being responsive. I live in NYC. I have considered the AT&T version but T-mobiles monthly plans are a lot cheaper...and I have had bad luck with AT&T dropped calls/bad signal in NYC in the past...thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

I ordering mine tomorrow. I just came from verizon having the Droid Eris, and loved it. But that phone did have its bad side to it like the buttons in front. They weren't always responsive either. I think the N1 will last for a while ( along with the original Droid ) because they run the Android UI. I too would also love to here the positives and negatives on it. I've also noticed that the demos of 2.2 have been on the N1
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Yeah.. I'm using the original BB Storm right now on Verizon and its _really_ on its last legs.. I'm going to miss Verizon for sure, but I really want an Android phone and I also need a world phone. The two best Android phones out are both CDMA only (EVO and Incredible) so I have to get a GSM Android phone for when I travel internationally.

I've got T-Mobile and don't experience any issues with my voice/data coverage. My work has no coverage for any carrier besides Verizon, but that's not T-Mobiles fault. My work specifically made this happen. My N1 switches between wi-fi/2g/3g well. On occassion there will be a hiccup switching to wi-fi but I just retry and all is right with the world.

The TMobile 3g coverage in my area is excellent though and haven't had my phone around sparse 3G coverage areas since getting my T-Mo plan a month ago.

I used the phone wi-fi only for month also before getting a T-Mo plan. Phone still feels like new and I bought it in February. And we're getting Froyo soon. The phone is awesome. If something were to happen to my phone for some odd reason and given the choices of Android phones now, I'd still buy a N1. For everyone as enthusiastic as me about the N1 there will be people that think it's garbage. Just make sure to carefully research your needs and wants of a smartphone.
    Devices: Nexus One (stock), ASUS Transformer TF101 (stock)

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I'm in Los Angeles, and the T-Mobile 3g coverage here is excellent! There are some devs in the XDA forums that already have Froyo (2.2) running on the Nexus One; however, you probably want to wait until the offical sources are dropped (in a few weeks), at which point, we'll be seeing some nice FROYO ROMs coming out for the Nexus One!

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing!

Nexus one is awesome. T-Mobile service here in New Orleans is terrible even with FroYo installed. I understand that a lot of people love T-Mo, so I don't wanna scare you away. Best bet is to find people in your town and check it out.

Sprint rebuilt the network here after Katrina, and it's amazing. I should have never left them. I was hoping for the N1 on Sprint, but I'll have to make due with the EVO. Hoping foe 4G before the end of the year.

Needless to say, my rooted T-Mo FroYo Nexus One will be up on ebay and Craigslist in the next couple weeks.
    Last edited by gregg37; 05-22-2010 at 08:31 PM.