Has anyone installed froyo 2.2 on a at&t nexus one (not rooted)?

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been jumping around from board to board and thread to thread all day. Has ANYONE manually upgraded a stock non-rooted AT&T N1?

If so, can someone post how they did it, OR point me to a link where I can do it?

Thanks!

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I'd really like to know this also. My phone isn't rooted and now I don't plan on ever rooting it. The only reason I wanted to root it before was for wifi tethering and we got that now.

Guess I'll just wait for someone to respond. I can't wait to have it on my Nexus One (also AT&T).

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Correct we still have to wait if you don't want to unlock your boot loader. ATT nexus users still don't have the update. I'm waiting patiently for it just like you guys.

technocambo

May 24, 2010
Visit site
i got froyo running on my at&t nexus one using the instruction on the main page. Off topic question: how's you guys' n1 running on at&t edge? any trackball problem? Because i've been having problems with the trackball moving by itself (to the left most of the time). I think its the hardware issue. Let me know thanks.

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T nexus one and before I upgraded it I think it was running EPE54B or something similar and the upgrade (Froyo 2.2) is intended for T-mobile phones which run the ERE27 and so what you need to do to get 2.2 on an AT&T nexus manually is:

1: Unlock bootloader [using fastboot] (so you can install a custom recovery "flash")
2: Install a custom recovery flash I used: recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0 (so you can install custom roms such as this and bypass a signature verification)
3: Flash This

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T nexus one and before I upgraded it I think it was running EPE54B or something similar and the upgrade (Froyo 2.2) is intended for T-mobile phones which run the ERE27 and so what you need to do to get 2.2 on an AT&T nexus manually is:

1: Unlock bootloader [using fastboot] (so you can install a custom recovery "flash")
2: Install a custom recovery flash I used: recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0 (so you can install custom roms such as this and bypass a signature verification)
3: Flash This

Yes, we know all this. The point of this thread is to be to do this WITHOUT unlocking the boot-loader.

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Well unless you can find an AT&T nexus running ERE27 then I would say its impossible right now because when you get into the bootloader and try to flash the update it does a signature check and it fails every time when it doesn't see the phone running ERE27

As far as I know the AT&T nexus ones shipped with EPE54B and you wont find an AT&T nexus running anything lower

So without unlocking the bootloader and doing any modifications someone just has to find and/or wait for an AT&T specific Froyo update

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Dang we are still waiting for the update for AT&T Nexus Ones? What's taking you so long Google?

If it's up to Google - then I imagine we will not have too long to wait.

On the other hand if the delay is because of AT&T, then God help us. Because, I have a gut feeling that AT&T will want to kill the tethering option. This change could cause a delay of the release - right?

This is all conjecture, but if AT&T does this, then I think I'm going to use the madoco rooted version. I think the risk of voiding the warranty would be worth it for this feature.

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
AT&T has no say on this one. The N1 just works on AT&T 3g bands it is a fully unlocked phone that they do not support. My guess is we will see it by the end of the week.

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm not sure what the delay is but as of yet their is no way to manually install this update on a non rooted/non unlocked bootloader AT&T phone.

on a side note...I was able to tether perfectly fine with my AT&T nexus with this so maybe they are waiting for google to take that option out and release a "custom" 2.2 for the AT&T version??

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
This has nothing to do with ATT. Remember Google has not even released froyo for ANYBODY yet, including the t-mobile version. Somebody just happened to find the froyo update link for an early release, so everyone started installing it. There very well could be an ATT version on a server somewhere but nobody has "found" it the way they did for the t-mobile version.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
This has nothing to do with ATT. Remember Google has not even released froyo for ANYBODY yet, including the t-mobile version. Somebody just happened to find the froyo update link for an early release, so everyone started installing it. There very well could be an ATT version on a server somewhere but nobody has "found" it the way they did for the t-mobile version.

No, Google actually did release Froyo OTA to a few T-Mobile Nexus Ones.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
No, Google actually did release Froyo OTA to a few T-Mobile Nexus Ones.

To developer and press phones, yes. Not to the general public.

And everyone needs to stop with the AT&T hysteria. AT&T has absolutely nothing to do with this since they have never officially offered it or offered any subsidy on it. For all we know, Google could release the Froyo update with a home screen that shows Steve Jobs with an AT&T globe tattoo getting teabagged by Eric Schmidt.

Froyo has not been publicly released for ANY device yet. The version that was on Google's servers was the Froyo release that was pushed out to certain dev and press phones. NOT the general public. Just because a ton of people got their hands on it doesn't make it "the official release". Is it possible that the official release for the T-Mobile compatible N1 is that EXACT same version? Quite possibly. But that's besides the point.

So let's end the hysteria now.... Froyo has NOT been publicly released for ANY device. And AT&T is not demanding changes for a device they have absolutely no control over.

The end.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Was I wrong?

Wrong? No. But I wouldn't describe the pre-public release as having gone to "a few T-Mobile Nexus Ones".

Yes, you are absolutely right. I am not saying otherwise. But I was clarifying it because that statement of yours makes it sound like it was a random selection of N1's, which was not the case at all.

darrylhadfield

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Saw an interesting note on the Google support forum:

1. You MUST have an unlocked AT&T N1.
2. Flash ERD79 stock ROM (boot, system and recovery partitions). You can google for instructions on how to do this. (link to Modaco removed)
3. Apply ERE27 update as stated in several websites.
4. Apply Android 2.2 Froyo update. Google for it.
5. Voil? You have your AT&T N1 working with Froyo

Now, my concern here is that he's referencing a ROM at Modaco.. I'd want to snag one direct from Google. Not sure if it's possible to flash EPE54b to ERD27.. but if possible, damn.. that would be slick. Take three steps backwards, to get a running start and then jump into Froyo!

Anyone see how this couldn't possibly work, or might this be an effective workaround to get us AT&T N1 users onto Froyo?

D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995