Android Marketplace on a computer.

norman158

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what the website is that was featured in the froyo announcement that can tell my phone to download apps through over the air?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Not much news other than what was mentioned at Google I/O. It will probably be the official android market website, and done using the new push intent API's from Froyo.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'll bet this is all a 2.2+ version only.

norman158

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I just got the Froyo update on my nexus one and that feature was a big thing that I wanted and I was hoping that Google brought it online to use.

norman158

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Is music downloads going to be done on that site also or a seperate one and do you know what app it is to stream itunes music to my phone and does it stream music that I purchase on itunes or is it only mp3

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Is music downloads going to be done on that site also or a seperate one and do you know what app it is to stream itunes music to my phone and does it stream music that I purchase on itunes or is it only mp3
I believe the music store will be part of the market, both on the phone and at the new site.

I'm also pretty sure the website will be used to stream the music :) But you'll only be able to stream DRM free music.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The music store thing was proof-of-concept ONLY. Just to show they could do it. (But I sure hope they get to!)