Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,012 Global Posts

Default Froyo and Exchange: Ask your questions here

OK, I'm back on Exchange ... Like I never left, lol. What all does everybody want to know about Exchange and Froyo?

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

can you please explain how Exchange intergrates with the incredible?
    -JimmyD

will it support multiple exchange accounts?

Does it support HTML email?

I could never get my Exchange from work to connect (Moto Milestone running 2.0.1 and 2.1). TouchDown worked no prob. I'm pretty sure it has to do with accepting bad certificates. Touchdown would ignore them. Have they added this to the new Exchange on Froyo?
    Google Dev Phone 1 - CyanogenMod 6.1 (2.2.1)
    Telus Milestone - G.O.T 2.2.1

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n99hockey View Post
    will it support multiple exchange accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDroid View Post
    can you please explain how Exchange intergrates with the incredible?

I would like to know as well on these two questions

Hum, we are talking about Exchange on the Nexus One with FroYo.
    No Evo or Incredible.

Default How about exchange calendar support? Does that work?

So, does the new Exchange support calendars, now?

thanks,

scot

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Does the inbox for an exchange account integrate with the inbox of a google account? In other words, can I have one unified inbox like I do on my blackberry?

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts

God I hope it supports reading .eml attachments. We use exchange for work, most of the other techs use WM6 phones and when they forward a call to me it sends it as an attachment .eml format. My Hero won't open that.

Exclamation FROYO 2.2 MS Exchange Task sync

I would like to know if Froyo 2.2 will allow me to sync my outlook tasks to my incredible. I know TD is an alternative, but I don't feel I should have to spend extra money for something that should happen already.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Subfolder and Invites

Does Froyo allow me to move e-mail to subfolders and accept appointment invites?

Quote Originally Posted by nunzio View Post
    Does Froyo allow me to move e-mail to subfolders and accept appointment invites?
    I have not figured out how to move e-mails to sub folders although I can access the sub folders and I have a few server side rules that deliver to those folders.

And yes you can accept invites.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I'm getting ready to jump from a Palm 755p to an HTC EVO 4G (hoping it will get Froyo before too long), so I'm an Android Newbie.

My main concern is the ability to sync Outlook Tasks and Notes to my phone (I'm a "Getting Things Done" user and use these extensively).

Is there a good solution for this on Android, either natively or via 3rd party apps?

Additionally, I use Microsoft OneNote and would love to see a solution for syncing that to an Android phone as well.

Thanks everyone,
    David

I currently have a Palm Pre and I am very tempted to get the Evo 4G. However one of the things that I love about the Pre is that I can run Multiple exchange accounts. I currently use 2 exchange accounts syncing email, tasks, and calendar, and a google account that I sync a google calendar with. Plus I have 2 additional personal email accounts that I run all from my Pre. Is the Evo capable of going this????? Does anyone know??? If so, I will get one but if not, I have to stick with my Pre because I use all those accounts for my business...

What was the point of this thread if no answers are provided?

Scot

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pancho13 View Post
    I currently have a Palm Pre and I am very tempted to get the Evo 4G. However one of the things that I love about the Pre is that I can run Multiple exchange accounts. I currently use 2 exchange accounts syncing email, tasks, and calendar, and a google account that I sync a google calendar with. Plus I have 2 additional personal email accounts that I run all from my Pre. Is the Evo capable of going this????? Does anyone know??? If so, I will get one but if not, I have to stick with my Pre because I use all those accounts for my business...
    I can tell you with froyo loaded on the evo it will do all of that except for tasks as far as I've seen. I'm still testing a lot of features though, but I do have several personal and several exchange accounts configured on the device all at the same time. And my calendars, contacts, and email all function for all the exchange accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    What was the point of this thread if no answers are provided?

Scot
    I was wondering this myself.

Does Froyo on the EVO support notifications for email subfolders? Right now, 2.1 only has email notifications for emails received in the main inbox folder. Also would like to know if it syncs in real time sync email subfolders instead of manually having to refresh each subfolder.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 4mooo View Post
    Does Froyo on the EVO support notifications for email subfolders? Right now, 2.1 only has email notifications for emails received in the main inbox folder. Also would like to know if it syncs in real time sync email subfolders instead of manually having to refresh each subfolder.
    Well I tested out a few scenarios. Notifications don't work for any other folders except for the inbox. So if you have rules setup to move emails automatically you won't get a notification of them, but what's funny is if you go to the subfolder, and refresh it pulls the new email and then pops up the notification. So I'm not sure if maybe there is a setting somewhere I can't find, but I've been pretty thorough with it.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Talking How to become a seasoned N1 owner?

Where do I go to get all my newbie questions answered? Like these:
    I'm coming from the Apple world and bought a Nexus ONe. Need alot of help. First question, does your phone have to be rooted to get this or anyother Froyo update? Second, when I plug my Nexus one to my windows xp computer it doesn't recognize it, is there drivers that I must install prior to plugging up the N1, and third is there a good youtube sight that shows you how to do all this stuff step for step? Thanks.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Has anyone figured out how to look up contacts off of an activesyn server using Froyo?

If you add an exchange Accounts it will sync calendar, email, and contacts.

I just got the Froyo update for my N1 last weekend, but try as I might I have been unable to get Exchange Calendar sync to work. I'm able to sync my email just fine through Email app and I've checked the "Sync my calendar data" option in account settings, but when I open the Calendar app, all I see is my Gmail calendar. Am I missing a step? How do I view my Exchange calendar data?

Default Corporate calendar

You need to open the corporate calendar app. You should have both calendar apps.

Unhappy Completely agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
    Well I tested out a few scenarios. Notifications don't work for any other folders except for the inbox. So if you have rules setup to move emails automatically you won't get a notification of them, but what's funny is if you go to the subfolder, and refresh it pulls the new email and then pops up the notification. So I'm not sure if maybe there is a setting somewhere I can't find, but I've been pretty thorough with it.

I have not found a menu option to enable this feature, if it exists, that is...anyone with this problem, please comment. Thx.