If you got 2.2 update manually you will get ota. Google employee confirms 100%

spazoid86

May 28, 2010
Visit site
UPDATED: So I had to rush home after class and give everyone that definate answer that they long. This was in my email as I finally got a STRAIGHT answer from Google to the question

"Will the people that did the manual update to Froyo still receive the OTA, and did it void the warrenty? Can I get a straight Answer?"

Hi,

The answer is yes and no, respectively. When 2.2 (Froyo) is sent via OTA, everybody will get it, including those who have already manually updated to Froyo. No, your warranty is not voided by manually updating to Froyo. But we do recommend waiting for the OTA if you're still on 2.1 / Eclair.

Cheers,

Ben

Origonal Post:

I found some evidence that supports, all manual user will get the OTA, even if you updated manually.

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses!

Just wanted to give a heads up that the build floating around is not the official Froyo release. You will get an automatic notification when we OTA the build, no need to manually download it. You will still get the automatic notification if the official release is a newer version than the one you have, so don't sweat...but I'd highly recommend waiting for our official release :)

@Bhushan4181: You will get the OTA update as long as you are connected to the internet and can communicate with Google servers.

We are striving hard to OTA the build to you ASAP, thanks for your patience!

Gaurav.
From what I am TOLD as long as your manual update came from GOOGLE than it is still a LEGIT and offical update, just not the final, therefor you HAVE NOT voided your warrenty, and will most likely get the OTA so don't panic​

P.S Those who did the manual update(me included) I would not worry about trying to roll back to 2.1. They sent out a test build via ota to testers, and when the final build comes i'm sure EVERYONE will get the OTA as it will have a different signature and what-not. How else would they get the final build to the testers?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance