Nexus running 2.2 wifi problems!!!

DVNO

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the wifi on the nexus one. I have a wireless-n router at home and sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesnt. When it does connect it absolutely flies. When it doesnt connect it just keeps saying that it is trying to obtain ip address but it never does.

Any ideas?!? My 9700 connected just fine and my girlfriends 3gs connects just fine everytime. I dont understand what the problem is. Please help.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
This version of the Nexus One only supports 802.11G, but the hardware is capable of N, but it won't be available till 2.2 rolls out.

I've seen this exact scenario. Also seen it on my Barns and Noble Nook, and my iPhone.

I have had many devices get hung up trying to connect to N routers sometimes, and other times work just fine. Often you see this with dual mode routers which try to use N, then G, and soon the router or the phone gets so confused it never connects.

In general, when setting up newer model routers, you should use WPA2 with AES, (sometimes called WPA2-PSK-CCMP), because this encryption method is all done in hardware, and is faster.

Sometimes you can recover from this waiting for an IP syndrom by holding down the power button till the prompt comes up and select airplane mode. Give the phone 30 seconds to shutdown the radios, then hold button down and turn off airplane mode.

If you have no other 802.11N devices in the house, you could just lock your router down to 802.11G. Since thats faster than your internet connection you won't notice any degradation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci