1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default At&T or T-Mobile

Hi

I have a T-Mobile compatible Nexus One but my carrier is At&T. Should i shift to T-Mobie 3G or should i continue using At&T 2G. I am in Connecticut and not sure how the 3G coverage here is for T-mobile.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well good news for you is that coverage to Connecticut.

Have you thought about getting a and see how TMO service is? Enter in your address and see what the voice and data would be like. Don't know if you can get 3G with pre-paid, but would be interesting to find out.

See the T-Mobile data coverage map.
    Last edited by icebike; 06-15-2010 at 01:27 PM.

do you not get good 3g coverage with ATT in conneticut? because they have a pretty good 3g network there, and they have 850mhz license using it on 3g, which is very desireable.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter View Post
    do you not get good 3g coverage with ATT in conneticut? because they have a pretty good 3g network there, and they have 850mhz license using it on 3g, which is very desireable.
    Well his phone is t-mo, and that means he is only going to get 2G (Edge) on AT&T no matter where he is or how good ATT's coverage is.

If he wants 3G his best bet is to move to T-MO if he lives in their coverage area, and if not, just EBay the phone and get the ATT model.

oh yeah, i misread that. yeah that makes sense, might as well switch so you can use 3g! check coverage first of course...

Go for Tmo. Atm, the ATT version is having alot of issues with Wifi sleep policies.

I find it odd that on ebay they are $600+
    Why is that?
    We can get it direct from google for $525

Att on Ebay:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thank you guyz... After seeing the coverage map of TMO data.. I dont think its as bad as I have heard about it... i am going to give it a try.. wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by resplendent2209 View Post
    Go for Tmo. Atm, the ATT version is having alot of issues with Wifi sleep policies.
    Wifi Fixer has seemingly fixed my problems with the Wifi sleep policies on my AT&T N1
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resplendent2209 View Post
    Will 2.2 fix that? Or can you get 2.2 on the N1?

I don't wanna try the unofficial build. I'll wait for the official one.

only then I can tell you if it fixes those issues or not but You never know, there are people who have the ATT N1 who deesn't seem to have the issues I have.