Thinking about buying a Nexus1

svitale

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have been a huge bb fan until recently (boring OS) I?m thinking about trading my Bold2 for a N1. The person who is selling the device tells me the N1 is brand new/ never been used. He is also asking for $180 in cash.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

hemidroid

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
A new Nexus One goes for $530.00. If he is selling it for such a low price I would ask a bunch of questions first. For instance, is it stolen?

bdotto14

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That sounds either stolen or the person has no idea of the value of the phone which is also pretty suspicious. I would ask to see a receipt or at least original box/packaging before buying it.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Maybe I read it wrong. I read it as though the seller
wants your 9700 + $180. If it is that, then that may
be a fair deal. Find out if the bootloader is unlocked.

If so, then it's definitely not new. How to find out?
Turn the phone on and when it shows the Android
alien, if you see an unlocked lock under it, it was
used. If he says that is the only reason he turned it
on, I would say that was BS, but I don't know the
guy, so be aware!

svitale

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys, I think my post is a little confusing. I am willing to trade my bb + 180 in cash for the Nexus 1. According to the seller he has the original box and everything that came with the phone, even the plastic coverings.

Question about the bootloader- will this tell me what career it is on? The seller’s original post stated that it is unlocked for all carries, but only works on T-Mobile? Does that make any sense?

Another question- i just saw on the home page that the desire will be coming to the U.S, does anyone think i should wait for that?

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Sorry guys, I think my post is a little confusing. I am willing to trade my bb + 180 in cash for the Nexus 1. According to the seller he has the original box and everything that came with the phone, even the plastic coverings.

Question about the bootloader- will this tell me what career it is on? The seller?s original post stated that it is unlocked for all carries, but only works on T-Mobile? Does that make any sense?

Another question- i just saw on the home page that the desire will be coming to the U.S, does anyone think i should wait for that?

He probably meant on T-mobile's 3G. Unlocked
bootloader does not tell you which carrier.

A lot of people keep the accessories still wrapped.
I did as well, but rececntly took the charger out.
So this isn't an indication that it hasn't been used.

From what I read, it said "regional carriers" and to
me that means no for the big four. I could be
wrong... I hope I am, because I want this on AT&T!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers