N1 does not boot up after upgrade to Froyo

cdupadhyay

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
After upgrade to Froyo, my N1 is not booting up. It's stuck on the multi-colored X, and buzzes once every 30-40 minutes. Tried taking out the battery to reboot, nothing happens. Power key is not working to force reboot. Anyone seeing this?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Take the battery out and let it turn off. Then hold down the volume-down button and press the power button at the same time until you get the white screen with robots on skateboards. Press volume down to choose "Recovery," then let it reboot. When you get the /!\ symbol, press volume up and the power button at the same time. Then choose wipe data/factory reset. THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA. But it should clear the boot loop.

cdupadhyay

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Cool! Just tried the factory reset, but it's still stuck in what seems to be the boot loop. Tried it a couple of times, but still the same thing. Manually formatted/erased user data, cache, and did the factory reset again, but no luck.

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as the OP

And I have tried the update manually and it failed that way too

Not really sure what's going on anymore

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
So both you guys are totally stock, not rooted? I have no idea why the official update would cause this. Only thing to do is boot into recovery and try those options, full wipe, or flash update zip, etc.

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
So both you guys are totally stock, not rooted? I have no idea why the official update would cause this. Only thing to do is boot into recovery and try those options, full wipe, or flash update zip, etc.

That's why I'm totally thrown too

I even went through this: I still had the PASSIMG file on my system so flashed that back on my phone, as soon as it booted back up and got the update notification I started it before adding anything else, did the same thing, so flashed back

Weird thing is that Update 1 loaded just fine when it came out.

Would clearing cache do anything different than flashing the shipping ROM?

*edit* Yes completely stock and unrooted for me, for now at least

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol