Avoiding/Preventing Fast Boot Screen from Loading on Nexus

MarcItalia14

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me with the following issue that's come up on my Nexus One. Yesterday I powered down the device and short time later I went to turn it back on and for the first time I got the fast boot screen showing up. The vol keys were unresponsive so I did a battery pull, put the battery back in and got the FASTBOOT screen again. The device basically froze up not allowing me to choose from the menu "bootloader, shut down" etc. I messed with the track ball and it finally let me select "power down" and the device shut off. Today about an hour ago I powered down the phone and it happened again: when I restart the phone it boots up into the fastboot screen and I cannot bypass the screen, leaving me still trying to figure out how to start the phone up again. I have the device on the dock recharging but if I want to re-start it I don't know what the secret is going to be. Seems I either got lucky yesterday or there is some method in doing this that I need to figure out. My questions: how do I avoid getting the fast boot screen altogether? Does this point to a trackball issue? I'm inclined to think there may be a problem with the trackball since maybe the phone thinks the trackball is being pressed all the time; that would explain why I can't get past the fast boot screen and the volume keys only start responding on the fast boot menu when I move around and jiggle the trackball. I'm running an unrooted phone with Build FRF91 on Tmobile.
I plan to call HTC tech support from work on Monday since this is the only phone I have with me, in the meantime if anyone has suggestions or knows a solution to this, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If it helps, I do occasionally notice my trackball scrolling right (ATT N1 with FRF91). It does not do this often but seems to happen frequently in google finance app. I have also seen it in the browser once or twice.

The other way to get to the boot menu is by holding the volume down button, so it could also be that sticking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38