Low volume question for N1 owners

Does your N1 have very low call volume?

• Total voters

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I purchased an ATT N1 with the stock froyo rom. My only problem is the low earpiece volume level. The sound quality is poor also but I could deal with that if I could hear it. The ringer and speaker are also a bit low but usable for me. I have read of some positive results using a custom rom, but I don't want a custom rom or root.

I like the device so much that I would be happy to buy a new one if I knew that it would not have the same problem. Mine was ordered as soom as the ATT version was available. My hope is that the currently shipping units no longer have the issue.

Does your N1 have low speaker volume? And when did you get it? Is it ATT or Tmo?

Thanks

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Nexus One with AT&T 3G bands.

Earpiece volume is rather low but I rarely hold the phone and talk on it so it doesn't bother me too much.

What does bother me though is that the OEM car dock speaker volume is rather low, in my opinion.

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
What does bother me though is that the OEM car dock speaker volume is rather low, in my opinion.

I have noticed that too. I got the car dock right before Froyo, so I can't say for sure whether Froyo reduced the volume. But it sure is low in the car dock.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i found that you need to position the speaker in the "sweet spot" in your ear and its plenty loud. but i agree the nexus is not the loudest phone out there. if you install syanogen ROM then obviously he hacked the volume where it is double the volume, so you can even go above 60% volume before your ear falls off! but if you really dont want to root then you are just gonna have to find that sweet spot.

impaler

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
Volume is way too low! Even coming from an iPhone 3GS, the volume is just so low it's unacceptable. I can't really hear anyone, unless it's completely quiet. I agree with the sweet spot comment above; but man it's just painfully low--can't even hear speaker! Is there software in the Market that will increase the volume?

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
With a phone of this calibre, you shouldn't have to seek 'sweet spot,' imho. I have to say this is about the only thing wrong with this device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci