Nexus One Slow to Charge?

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Nexus One Battery & Charging Issues

I was trying out K9 last night and today. Today it killed my battery in about 2 hours. I mean from 90+ % to <10% in 2 hours.

I have had my N1 plugged into the usb port on my Dell monitor (with a few brief interruptions) since about 2:00 PM EDT. Call it 3 hours. I am now at 27%.

Is this slow? I know that USB charges slower than the AC charger, but should I be concerned?

Thanks,

aviduser

Last edited:

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
USB charging is limited to 500mA which slowly charges the battery by design. Plugging it in the wall charger will increase the charging limit to ~1000mA.

Also, K9 is behaving normally. I recommend uninstalling it and reinstalling it. then reboot your phone.

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Here is another weird thing. My battery usage lately seems very high. Since I unplugged it at about 8:30 am--so just over 4 hours ago, my battery is down to about 50%.

The Battery Details (under about Phone/Battery use) shows the following:
Android OS at 50% of the battery usage
Display at 29%
Voice calls at 10%
Cell Standby 3%
Android System 3%
Browser 2%
Phone idle 2%
Maps 2%

When I tap on Android OS, it shows CPU total 1h 35m, data sent 8.19 KB, Data received 113.19 KB.

Also, my phone seems to have lags and delays in different apps, include frequent warnings that an app is unresponsive (force quite or wait?).

Also, the phone is getting warm with usage.

What is going on? Why should the OS be using so much battery power?

Is anyone else having this experience? I am burning battery with normal usage way faster that under 2.1.

aviduser

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
If a reboot does not cut it, you might need to restore the phone. There are tutorials on how to back up your apps and personal data and perform the restore :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38