My N1 is on fire...

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
With hot flaming HSPA+ speeds! :p

T-Mobile just hit my city (Santa Rosa, CA) with HSPA+. Doing some speed testing I was able to get an average download speed of around 3.5-4Mbps inside my house. Previously, service was pretty crappy inside, sometimes with speeds as low as 200kbps.

This test is on the low end, usually faster depending on time of day.
7526327.png

Last edited:

bdotto14

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I would also like to know what network your phone is displaying in the settings. I am also in a new HSPA+ area but my Nexy still says UMTS and not even HSDPA.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
right but what does it show as the network you're connected to in settings? does it still say HSDPA or does it show HSPA+ or something like that?

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
right but what does it show as the network you're connected to in settings? does it still say HSDPA or does it show HSPA+ or something like that?

HSDPA since the Nexus One isn't capable of HSPA+. But, HSPA+ is backwards compatible and provides more bandwidth to HSPDA devices. Currently T-Mobile's Android phones that they offer will take advantage of these increased speeds.

I'd love to test out the HSPA+ network available to me now with whatever T-Mobile has been teasing us (an Android HTC device launching very soon) with to see just how fast this network is.

cesarb

May 20, 2010
Visit site
For some reason my hspa speed is very low the best ive seen is 0.27mbps download & 0.32mbps upload. Why is that and why is yours so much faster than mine? I live in miami, fl by the way...

PS. I am running Cyanogen mod 6.0 on my Nexus...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34