Should I get the Google Nexus One phone?

CarolClark

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Friends,

Is the Google Nexus One a good phone? I do not care about stuff such as music, video... I just need it's calling, texting, organizer, and a good touch screen. I will buy the unlocked one because I don't live in the US. I was also thinking of buying the iPhone, but the problem is that they sell it with an AT&T contract. Should I buy the Nexus One?

Regards,

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
If you can find a place to buy it, sure.

Pros:
- always up to date straight from Google, no waiting for manufacturer/carrier to roll out the OS updates
- well-rounded quality of screen, sound, software, durability, responsiveness, etc
- it sets the standard for Android phones, so you can be pretty sure that any app or feature is gonna be available for it in some way (minus hardware-dependent ones, like the Qik video messaging that requires a front-facing camera)

cons:
- loudspeaker isn't that loud, I can't hear the ringtone when I'm downtown and someone calls me, but at home and work I'm ok
- google's online shop is discontinued, so can only buy it if you register as a Google android developper, or from some carriers in Europe (Vodafone?) or Asia

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the Nexus One is great with one issue...
Mine has very low call volume through the handset. It seems that some have this issue, but apparently if you don't mind custom ROMs it can be fixed. With the handset up to my head I can only hear calls in a near silent room. Speaker phone is a little better, but not great. Ringer also doesn't seem very loud, but notifications and music are fine. Calls using bluetooth or the headphone jack are just fine. Based on all that, this sounds like a software issue so hopefully Google can address it. On the other hand, many N1s reportedly don't have this issue so who knows...

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I loaded cyanogen and that audio fix is huge. But honestly I use stock ROM a lot and don't find audio that bad at all. But if you do root the audio has been increased to such a crazy high level that you can't go higher than 50% otherwise it blows your ear hole off.

themaclady

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am considering one too. I was thinking about it last week or was it longer ago when they announced the last batch but couldn't decide. I have since found a source for a new one for a bit more $.
Can anyone recommend a method for using data in europe?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I meant recommend a service or have advice on what is the best method to do this. I know roaming data gets very expensive so I'm seeking information.

Buy an in-country sim when you travel. These are cheaper than paying roaming.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad