HSPA+ Will it improve 3g reception all around?

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I live in Ogden Utah and the 3g here is terrible.. no matter where I go it drops to edge constantly, I realize this is an issue with N1's but im starting to think its tmobile, my buddy has a vibrant and it also has frequently dropped to edge, not as much but still a decent amount of times a day. I was going to ask if the HSPA would make a difference in holding a better connection to the 3g if anyone has any clue on this would very much like to know?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
To my knowledge, HSPA+ main design focus was to improve data transfer rates. I've not heard anything in particular about reception/tower range improvements, but as I believe it still runs on roughly the same frequency spectrum, I'm guessing that if there is a change, it won't be big.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
it wont really improve your reception. it is just an upgrade for the existing HSDPA network to make it faster. so if service is weak in your area now, it will be the same with the upgrade:(

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
HSPA and HSPA+ are software and base station hardware upgrades and have no effect on signal diffusion nor spectal availability.

Dan

vinny#AC

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hspa will give you a stronger signal, fact. It might not stretch the signal distance much further but it will give your device a much stronger signal.
Vinny