Would You Still Buy The N1?

richard#AC

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile. When the N1 first was released I purchased one and loved it. However, the phone had an accident and I decided to try another OS for a while. But I miss Android.

So my question is ... do you feel its still valid and will remains so for about a year or is it yesterdays news and I should look at the Vibrant or maybe another Android on Verizon?

Your suggestions and feedback is appreciated.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I think it's still relevant.

One will be that it will get updates from google first, leaked or
otherwise.

A second reason is because I love the form factor of the N1.

Third, flash. It's an awesome feature to have... when you
don't have it, you realize how much you miss it.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
How many phones out there, even the newest and greatest devices everyone lusts over, is as balanced as the N1?

2nd mic for noise cancellation - check
LED flash on camera - check
quad-band GSM and tri-band HSPA - check
trackball for fine navigation and notifications - check
3.7" screen, big enough but not too big - check
SD card - check
fast updates from google - check
unlocked, usable on nearly every network (outside the cdma-infested US) - check
easy to unlock the bootloader, install custom ROMs, root it - check

Hard to find a combination of all that in other phones, still.

Patrix.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
just played with the samsung galaxy at the ATT store yesterday, and it was pretty nice but it made me think which would i get if i had the choice right now. the galaxy obviously as a little better specs, but honestly the nexus is so nice with better build quality and materials, i would probably get the nexus again now if i had to.

richard#AC

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am leaning toward the N1. As mentioned the Vibrant (Galaxy S device) has specs that slightly surpass the Nexus but the feel of the phone and the TouchWiz are not to my liking.

Whereas the Nexus One feels great in my hand and at least on the 2.1 version was quite responsive.

The Droid 2 looks awesome but Verizon's price plans do not. Lucky for me where I live I receive exceptional T-Mobile coverage.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
N1 does feel better

My friend just got himself a galaxy S and hes liking it, but he cant help comparing the build quality compared to my N1, the Galaxy S feels so cheap to hold and has that touchwiz 3.0 crap which doesn't run as well as my N1 does with lets say Launcher pro or ADW launcher.. he tried to put both on his galaxy S and had some weird buggy issues with a few things.. and it still for some reason did not seem to be as smooth as my n1 running the same launchers.. although I will say that his phones video quality and screen is better then the n1 it doesn't really seem like that big of an issue.. for all reasons mentioned above about rooting and having stock android to play with whatever you would like its worth getting the n1 over the galaxy s in my opinion. Problem is T mobile likes to get these nice phones but cheap them up abit with the materials used to make the phone if you look at Verizons galaxy s equivalent it looks well made with better materials. Also noise cancellation and flash is nice to have and things I could never do without.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
One thing to remember is that the nexus one is only eight months old and it still has a lot of life and potential. It's running a snapdragon, 2.2, etc just like current top android devices.

It had a great 3.7 amoled screen and the dual mic feature is ahead off the game
I don't see why phones do not add this feature. I was disappointed when sprint canceled its release.

I am still thinking of gettin one and activating it on tmobile to check it out if I can find one for a decent price.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The nexus is a hidden gem honestly. I used the galaxy s and it was laggy and not as smooth as the nexus. So I added launcher pro and it was better, but still not as smooth. But web browsing was definitely smoother for sure. Nexus build quality is so much better that its a hard choice I'd still pick the nexus heh.

l1ghtn1ng

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I would say the Galaxy S series is the way to go. Even though the Nexus One is a great phone the Galaxy S has some great specs and when 3.0 comes out we won't need Touch Wiz... for now you can just customize Launcher Pro :)

Downrange

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife is on T-Mobile (Galaxy Vibrant) and I think I might wanna give the N1 a shot. I LOVE the way that phone looks and I'm a HUGE Google fan. And mind you, I have an EVO which I love too!

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh ya N1 for sure. I think we'll all be fine until next year at the earliest. I don't see any crazy spec phones coming out this year that would make me drop my N1.

Like previous replies have stated. Early OS leaks, form factor, updates, and the vanilla android is what I love. We assume Google will be supporting this phone until next year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463