1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Screen Burn In

Sad to say that after only having my Nexus One a few months that the screen has the notification bar burnt into it. I do keep the screen on a lot (timeout is 30 min) but never thought it could do that. When in landscape mode on a white page I can faintly see the bar...Anyone else have this issue? How could I fix it?
    Nexus One - Stock Froyo

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Try using jscreen fix in the market. You should reconsider your timeout time.

Wow really? I used my n1 constantly and never had this happen

I bet it has happened to almost everyone. It's hard to notice, but if you go to a white website and turn the phone to landscape mode, or use a flashlight app you'll see it. I suggest a black bar theme to prevent it getting worse. It's happening because it's AMOLED and white means the LED's are lit and at their brightest.

ROM
    HTC Sense 3.0

This happened to it was so annoying... I called HTC and they gave this whole story on how that is not possible on a AMOLED screen total bull, but they did replace it they put a hold on my bank account for $529 so they can send me a refurbished one, after i got the refurbished phone the screen was perfect so i sent back the damaged phone then the next day i noticed the vibrator did not work properly it doesn't always vibrate and when i type the vibration works and then it just stops completely also the touch sensitive buttons are not very responsive and if i squeeze the bottom part of the phone where the vibrator is located it stops vibrating.... EPIC FAIL HTC!!! I had to wait like a month to be able to put a hold on my account AGAIN for $529 so i can get another replacement. Just ordered it last week now i'm playing the waiting game. Hopefully this next one will be perfect without any defects...