Android 2.2.1!!!! Signed-passion-FRG83-from-FRF91.c8847c98.zip

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
We're looking at this now. A few things to note --

The Gallery lag is gone. as in GONE :)
New Gmail is included, as is Voice search/actions and Google Voice. Have to wait for Market to cache itself before I can check the rest of the Google apps, but I'll bet they are the newest versions.
*edit* looks like they all are updated

I have it on good authority that this will patch the universal root method o_O

Email passwords are still unencrypted.

I'll run this for a few days, but it seems to be a minor update.

*Edit #3*
After the Market settled in, my applications started automatically restoring themselves. New Froyo feature that I haven't had the pleasure of seeing before. Copy protected apps got skipped it seems.

Last edited:

ant

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

The 3rd party keyboard issue I mentioned is indeed fixed with a reinstall. This was commented by miniZ and njd915 in the post on the main page. Works for both Swype and Swiftkey.

-Anthony

thewaffle

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This firmware actually seems to also resolve the broadcom wifi issue. Left Wifi on all night and I finally had no drop of data connection. I was one of the people previously affected.

joseph839

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
After updating to 2.2.1, I ran Quadrant Standard benchmark and did not see any change compared to 2.2. I think that previous leaks of FRG33 showed that it was running faster. But, my nexus one does feel a bit snappier.

Other changes that I have noticed are the following:

* wifi does not disconnect anymore. I received emails overnight and wifi was still on in the morning

* PIN login does not do landscape when phone is titled

* Swipe did not work after upgrade. But the fix is to reinstall it. This was the case with each upgrade I had before.

joseph839

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Here is the link that shows improvement in benchmark for FRG33. Did anyone get this result after upgrading to FRG83?

gadgetank.com/android/new_updated_2.2_frg33_spotted_for_nexus_users._457.0.html

houserhythm

May 4, 2010
Visit site
This firmware actually seems to also resolve the broadcom wifi issue. Left Wifi on all night and I finally had no drop of data connection. I was one of the people previously affected.

This is one of my 2 main complaints with the N1 (other one is weak cell reception), so if this is true I'm a very happy Android user :D

Now let's hope Cyanogen will integrate it in 6.1 and MoDaCo will "kitchen" CM 6.1 soon after. I'm not rolling back to stock for anything.

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
When will N1 receive new radio??? I got a replacement phone yesterday from HTC and currently enjoying completely stock android but I think 5.x's radio was working better for where I live... time to root again haha..

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, duno if this is just me, but when I boot up my phone, the streaming colored X symbol on the boot up animation streams much faster than before.

I mean at first you see the static Nexus One colored "X," then it streams itself slowly initially then it suddenly streams the colored sparks quickly. Now the quick sparks are flying compared to 2.2, and the overall length of boot time is faster imo. Anyone else noticing this?

edit: Also the phone just seems snappier in general, very cool!

viditbhargava

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
The Gallery lag is gone. MS Exchange accounts get administrator access so they can remotely administer your device (even though its not a company phone). That means pattern unlock is gone. EDIT: Deactivate the Administrator by going to Settings > Location & Security > Select Device Administrators. Exchange Email and Calendar sync remains on the phone.

The wifi issue is still there for me at least (other users have reported it fixed). They seem to have broken a '2.1 bug' (fixed in 2.2) where the ringer did not go off at times for an incoming call.

I think I was happier with 2.2 and not upgrading to 2.2.1. I upgraded because a lot of users reported thw wifi issue being fixed, seems they did not test it out well.

Last edited:

MaxLaw

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Stock Nexus One just upgraded OTA to 2.2.1

Anybody with a stock (not rooted) Nexus One able to tell me what this update just did for me?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power