Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,043 Global Posts

Default Android 2.2.1!!!! Signed-passion-FRG83-from-FRF91.c8847c98.zip

Last edited by Phil Nickinson; 09-23-2010 at 10:37 PM.

We're looking at this now. A few things to note --

The Gallery lag is gone. as in GONE
    New Gmail is included, as is Voice search/actions and Google Voice. Have to wait for Market to cache itself before I can check the rest of the Google apps, but I'll bet they are the newest versions.
    *edit* looks like they all are updated

I have it on good authority that this will patch the universal root method o_O

Email passwords are still unencrypted.

I'll run this for a few days, but it seems to be a minor update.

*Edit #3*
    After the Market settled in, my applications started automatically restoring themselves. New Froyo feature that I haven't had the pleasure of seeing before. Copy protected apps got skipped it seems.
    Last edited by Jerry Hildenbrand; 09-23-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    ant

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Hey guys,

The 3rd party keyboard issue I mentioned is indeed fixed with a reinstall. This was commented by miniZ and njd915 in the post on the main page. Works for both Swype and Swiftkey.

-Anthony

This firmware actually seems to also resolve the broadcom wifi issue. Left Wifi on all night and I finally had no drop of data connection. I was one of the people previously affected.

After updating to 2.2.1, I ran Quadrant Standard benchmark and did not see any change compared to 2.2. I think that previous leaks of FRG33 showed that it was running faster. But, my nexus one does feel a bit snappier.

Other changes that I have noticed are the following:

* wifi does not disconnect anymore. I received emails overnight and wifi was still on in the morning

* PIN login does not do landscape when phone is titled

* Swipe did not work after upgrade. But the fix is to reinstall it. This was the case with each upgrade I had before.

Here is the link that shows improvement in benchmark for FRG33. Did anyone get this result after upgrading to FRG83?

gadgetank.com/android/new_updated_2.2_frg33_spotted_for_nexus_users._457.0.html

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

Haven't received OTA yet. Will this work with my ATT N1?

Quote Originally Posted by thewaffle View Post
    This firmware actually seems to also resolve the broadcom wifi issue. Left Wifi on all night and I finally had no drop of data connection. I was one of the people previously affected.
    This is one of my 2 main complaints with the N1 (other one is weak cell reception), so if this is true I'm a very happy Android user

Now let's hope Cyanogen will integrate it in 6.1 and MoDaCo will "kitchen" CM 6.1 soon after. I'm not rolling back to stock for anything.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

If I manually updated from FRF91, will I still get the OTA or do I need to manually update again?
    Siemens CF62T> Samsung T329 Stripe Black> MyTouch 3G Black (Android 1.6 Donut)> Blackberry Bold 9700 (5.0.0.330)> Samsung T219 Brown (backup crap dumbphone)> Google/HTC Nexus One (CM7.2)> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2)

Quote Originally Posted by TaeKwonDonkey View Post
    If I manually updated from FRF91, will I still get the OTA or do I need to manually update again?
    You will get the OTA

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Macklesdaddy View Post
    You will get the OTA
    Too late, already manually installed it lol
    Siemens CF62T> Samsung T329 Stripe Black> MyTouch 3G Black (Android 1.6 Donut)> Blackberry Bold 9700 (5.0.0.330)> Samsung T219 Brown (backup crap dumbphone)> Google/HTC Nexus One (CM7.2)> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2)

When will N1 receive new radio??? I got a replacement phone yesterday from HTC and currently enjoying completely stock android but I think 5.x's radio was working better for where I live... time to root again haha..

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Wow, duno if this is just me, but when I boot up my phone, the streaming colored X symbol on the boot up animation streams much faster than before.

I mean at first you see the static Nexus One colored "X," then it streams itself slowly initially then it suddenly streams the colored sparks quickly. Now the quick sparks are flying compared to 2.2, and the overall length of boot time is faster imo. Anyone else noticing this?

edit: Also the phone just seems snappier in general, very cool!

i have yet to get the OTA, i'm running mine on att will i get the OTA?

The Gallery lag is gone. MS Exchange accounts get administrator access so they can remotely administer your device (even though its not a company phone). That means pattern unlock is gone. EDIT: Deactivate the Administrator by going to Settings > Location & Security > Select Device Administrators. Exchange Email and Calendar sync remains on the phone.

The wifi issue is still there for me at least (other users have reported it fixed). They seem to have broken a '2.1 bug' (fixed in 2.2) where the ringer did not go off at times for an incoming call.

I think I was happier with 2.2 and not upgrading to 2.2.1. I upgraded because a lot of users reported thw wifi issue being fixed, seems they did not test it out well.
    Last edited by viditbhargava; 09-27-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Found a workaround

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Cool Stock Nexus One just upgraded OTA to 2.2.1

Anybody with a stock (not rooted) Nexus One able to tell me what this update just did for me?

I got it and I'm on ATT..

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

I got it OTA today and I'm on T-mo.

I just noticed it, gonna install once my battery is charged enough.

Quote Originally Posted by qwest4 View Post
    I got it OTA today and I'm on T-mo.
    I have T-mobile, but haven't gotten any OTA update. I'm in SoCal. Weird...is it rolling out by region?

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by MaxLaw View Post
    Anybody with a stock (not rooted) Nexus One able to tell me what this update just did for me?
    My phone just seems to be the tiniest bit faster but viewing photos straight from my camera app still takes a good half minute to load. I never experienced any sort of gallery lag from the start. Not much but its something

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdot View Post
    I have T-mobile, but haven't gotten any OTA update. I'm in SoCal. Weird...is it rolling out by region?
    Answered my own question: Just received OTA update. I'm guessing the whole west coast just received the OTA.

Ran benchmark test...1513 G2 benchmark score! Phone does feel snappier and gallery also loads faster.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdot View Post
    I"m in Kansas. It is weird. I waited a week and half and didn't get any of the initial Froyo updates and had to do a manual update. So I was pretty shocked to get this one OTA even though it was a week after release. I think I did hear that they did it buy region, although it is interesting how quickly Sprint was able to update its EVOs.

Received it OTA yesterday (AT&T n1 in Canada on Rogers).

Gallery lag is definitely gone, seems to load individual images rather.

Weather widget loading looked a little different on first boot (had to tap to refresh/reload). in the fullscreen weather there was a blue loading bar at the bottom, hadn't seen that before).

Still annoyed that when I put the phone in the dock the dock screen's weather will appear then it will switch to a 'Cannot display at the time' or whatever the non-weather display messaging is.

Overall seems very nice and snappy.

Last night I did the "checkin" routine and as soon that finished, I went to the About phone / System Updates and saw that it was in the process of downloading 2.2.1
    The update process took about 5 minutes (AT&T San Francisco)

So far WiFi seems to be behaving itself with regards to the phone coming out of stand by mode (and maintaining a connection).
    Though, WiFi still fails to automatically connect to a known WiFi AP when entering in range.
    Last edited by tjp888; 09-28-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast