Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen protector

Does anyone know a good screen protector for the n1? Everyone I buy bubbles up. I've spent at least $60. I heard that there is a spray. Is there one?
    Any info is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Reopen

Why do you even need one? Its glass.. wont scratch unless you have a diamond ring.

there are several videos on youtube of people horribly torturing the phone screen and it will not scratch

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.04

I have been very satisfied with the Zagg Invisable shield I installed back in March. I only purchased the screen coverage and not the full body and as the previos poster stated this is a very nice piece of hardware and the body has held up very well over the last six months.

I used a screen protector called Ringbo got it from rearthusa and it work like everything else on the market.

If you must use one, I highly recommend dcmugen88's screen protectors on eBay. He sells a four pack for something like $3 shipped and they're amazing quality! Not rubbery like the wet application skins...

I got on ebay $5 for 4 and they are pretty good. I put mine properly at the start and has lasted 6 months (still going).

Just search on ebay, shipping is free, takes a while to deliver though.

Case-mate makes the best screen protectors I've ever used. I tried many before discovering their protectors. If they don't make them for your device, equivalent in quality is boxwave...they come at a higher price but cover more devices.

As mentioned though, protectors aren't very necessary for preventing scratches with these glass panels. I will however always use one from case-mate or boxwave because the material very easily cleans off fingerprints by simply sliding your finger over it. Doing this directly to glass often just smears the fingerprints/doesn't give the same results (at least on devices I've noticed). I like being able to clear my screen without needing a cloth or anything for good results.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Plz don't use anything other than a bestskinsever protector

Nexus One - Stock Froyo

Quote Originally Posted by uansari1 View Post
    If you must use one, I highly recommend dcmugen88's screen protectors on eBay. He sells a four pack for something like $3 shipped and they're amazing quality! Not rubbery like the wet application skins...
    Quote Originally Posted by keweli View Post
    I got on ebay $5 for 4 and they are pretty good. I put mine properly at the start and has lasted 6 months (still going).

Just search on ebay, shipping is free, takes a while to deliver though.
    Ditto.
    I brought and use something similar to dcmugen88's Anti-Glare Screen Protectors (they are pretty much all the same anyways). They are of good quality and they do prevent glare and fingerprint buildup for the most part but eventually finger smudges will build-up on the screen, nothing a quick wipe from your shirt or a microfiber cloth can't fix though. With proper application, they can last quite a while (mine still looks fresh and brand new). Not bad for a few bucks but I personally would recommend going for a wet application solution. A friend of mine uses the Zagg invisibleSHIELD, it may be pricey but well worth the money in my opinion.

Global Posts
    663 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by uansari1 View Post
    Wow, lots of praises for dcmugen88, can't wait for mine to come. Probably 1-2 more weeks.