T-Mobile?

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Why wouldn't google partner this on with ATT and have a CDMA version for verizon? Don't see how this will do very well under T-Mobile.

Also, based on screen shots it looks nice but I don't see how the OS is any different that what I have on my droid. The 4 soft buttons are setup the same, the screen size is the same, the Android OS is 2.1 but looks exactly the same.

The hardware is made by HTC just like previous HTC Android phones. Not sure how this is any different at all from other Android phones?

It looks very nice, but maybe I'm missing the big picture? Why would I give up the motorola droid for this?

Thanks

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
1. Google is try to make this phone a T-Mobile only product like the iPhone.

2. The nexus one has a AMOLED screen or so I hear and so far the unit is still being tested I would expect it to undergo some cosmetics before it is released.

3. You shouldn't give up your droid for the nexus one you have a great phone that runs android and has an great screen for being just an LCD. Lastly its on THEE network.

The Nexus one could possibly have a CDMA version you can't really judge the phone as of now. However I do hope the end product ends up being shinier:p and more appealing to our eyes.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Google already had some dispute with AT&T over some other phone called the "Iphone" whatever that is. I don't think they want to give their probable flagship to the same company thats hindering the growth of the Iphone and they're also looking for a company that will let them have a lot of control which is something that Verizon won't do.

DNRuffin

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Why wouldn't google partner this on with ATT and have a CDMA version for verizon? Don't see how this will do very well under T-Mobile.

Also, based on screen shots it looks nice but I don't see how the OS is any different that what I have on my droid. The 4 soft buttons are setup the same, the screen size is the same, the Android OS is 2.1 but looks exactly the same.

The hardware is made by HTC just like previous HTC Android phones. Not sure how this is any different at all from other Android phones?

It looks very nice, but maybe I'm missing the big picture? Why would I give up the motorola droid for this?

Thanks

You don't have to give up your Motorola Droid for this phone, it was designed specifically for T-Mobile (as it utilizes their 3G bands), so you will only have to worry about it when Verizon gets a CDMA version. AT&T only cares about the iPhone, which Verizon will also not be getting when AT&T's exclusivity runs out as it is CDMA as opposed to GSM. This phone will do just as well on T-Mobile as the G1 and MyTouch 3G did, maybe even better. With a company as rich as T-Mobile, they're going to get nice exclusives, though that also depends partly on the GSM technology they use. People on Verizon and Sprint always complain about AT&T and T-Mobile having nice phones, but they use CDMA as opposed to the world standard, so phones have to be specifically developed for them to make use of CDMA.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
A company as rich as T-Mobile?
T-Mobile is smallest of the big four and Verizon is the largest and the richest. Verizon doesn't always get the best phones because they want their carrier software on almost all of their phones and sometimes that scares away phone manufacturers. In the case of the Droid, Verizon was likely willing to let Motorola have the control it wanted because Verizon really needed some Android phones and a good one at that.

DNRuffin

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
A company as rich as T-Mobile?
T-Mobile is smallest of the big four and Verizon is the largest and the richest. Verizon doesn't always get the best phones because they want their carrier software on almost all of their phones and sometimes that scares away phone manufacturers. In the case of the Droid, Verizon was likely willing to let Motorola have the control it wanted because Verizon really needed some Android phones and a good one at that.

T-Mobile is owned by Deutsche Telekom, which is way richer than AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon/Vodafone. Trust me, they have the cash...

BBKing91

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
It's interesting to read arguments/debates on carriers/phones but not constant bashing. I don't know about other people but I've had T-mobile for nearly 5 years and they've been great. The only other carrier I've had was AT&T for a month that I had the iPhone 3G before coming back to T-mobile. With the implementation of UMA technology, I really think T-mobile is definitely stepping up.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
It's interesting to read arguments/debates on carriers/phones but not constant bashing. I don't know about other people but I've had T-mobile for nearly 5 years and they've been great. The only other carrier I've had was AT&T for a month that I had the iPhone 3G before coming back to T-mobile. With the implementation of UMA technology, I really think T-mobile is definitely stepping up.

By the way, TaeKwonDonkey, you love gargling Verizon's balls.

yeah thats probably why I've been with T-Mobile since my first cellphone...
anyways Deustche Telekom or however you spell the company's name is only dominate in Eastern Europe, specifically Germany. Vodafone, owners of Verizon, is the largest carrier in Europe no matter how look at it.
It may seem as though I really like Verizon, and at a certain extent, that true but their prices and policies bug me and thats why I've been with T-Mobile from the start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech