Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Verizon? where the heck you at on this?

    ...
    Last edited by klittle81; 06-17-2012 at 12:36 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default

    i agree, verizon is by far the best coverage but the phone selection is the worst. at least they finally have android.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Agreed, Verizon needs this phone. Not sure how the whole data plan thing is going to work with this phone, but I heard rumors that verizon passed up this phone. Seems like they would be stupid to make the same mistake twice (iPhone)
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hatch.duffy View Post
    Agreed, Verizon needs this phone. Not sure how the whole data plan thing is going to work with this phone, but I heard rumors that verizon passed up this phone. Seems like they would be stupid to make the same mistake twice (iPhone)
    They've got the Droid, and the Droid Eris, both great phones. They aren't making a mistake passing up yet another Android phone that doesn't really promise anything new.
  5. #5  
    Chris Kerrigan's Avatar

    Posts
    3,877 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    They've got the Droid, and the Droid Eris, both great phones. They aren't making a mistake passing up yet another Android phone that doesn't really promise anything new.
    I agree with this to a large extent. I think Verizon's main concern right now is hurting the momentum the Droid has at the moment. Adding yet another Android device to their lineup this soon is likely to confuse consumers who are new to the Android platform.

    New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
  6. #6  

    Default

    the bravo according to the htc roadmap has cdma bands, which seems to be what verizon should end up with in the snapdragon phone market.

    personally, i think it looks better than this device too (casing)


    BUT, was it too much to ask for just an HD2 with android?!
  7. #7  

    Default

    VZW will get a HTC passion/bravo variant. This won't hurt too much, because now customers will have the option of a big screen with physical keyboard in the Moto Droid, a smaller/compact device in the HTC Eris, and a Large, all touchscreen device in the HTC Passion/Bravo. It gives choice, and it has already been leaked that vzw will be getting it.
    • I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

    • I am not Neo, but I am still the One.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by klittle81; 06-17-2012 at 12:35 PM.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klittle81 View Post
    I hope what you say is true. I Dislike the droid due to the keyboard and donít care for the eris due to its smaller screen, so if it has a large touch screen only with multitouch and no physical keyboard, it would be the perfect android phone for me.
    It is definitely true, but I dunno anything about specific specs like multitouch.
    • I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

    • I am not Neo, but I am still the One.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    They've got the Droid, and the Droid Eris, both great phones. They aren't making a mistake passing up yet another Android phone that doesn't really promise anything new.
    BINGO! It's just another Android device!
  11. #11  

    Default

    Verizon was looking out for themselves.. they knew Google plans on selling this unlocked and very reasonably priced. They don't want people coming with a data-heavy phone and not being locked down by a contract..

    Come on now, you all know Verizon and how locked down they have their devices.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Verizon was looking out for themselves.. they knew Google plans on selling this unlocked and very reasonably priced. They don't want people coming with a data-heavy phone and not being locked down by a contract..

    Come on now, you all know Verizon and how locked down they have their devices.
    VZW hasn't "locked" down a device in quite some time now. And if you want to say that VZW turned this phone down because they wanted it to be locked down by a contract, let me ask you this. How many CDMA phones have you EVER seen, that was "unlocked" to be able to be used on ANY CDMA carrier in the US? Can you answer that, or is it just fun to say that VZW just wanted to lock it down?
    • I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

    • I am not Neo, but I am still the One.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briankeith513 View Post
    VZW hasn't "locked" down a device in quite some time now. And if you want to say that VZW turned this phone down because they wanted it to be locked down by a contract, let me ask you this. How many CDMA phones have you EVER seen, that was "unlocked" to be able to be used on ANY CDMA carrier in the US? Can you answer that, or is it just fun to say that VZW just wanted to lock it down?
    There are plenty of unlocked CDMA phones (specifically Nokia) .. but it's only a matter of getting the carrier to activate it for you.
  14. #14  

    Default

    I also don't think its a question about it being an u locked phone. They were origionally talking it may be a data only phone using Google voice to make calls. I think Verizon may have heard that and said hell no cuz it would esentialy be a 30 a month unlimited everything plan. But I think now with the t mobile branding it will be more like att and apple. Huge mistake on Verizon's part though.....you would think from the whole iPhone incident they would have learned. =)
  15. #15  

    Default

    The matter of the fact is, Verizon doesn't need a phone to make them number one or oodles of money, their network does that. They're the number one US carrier for a reason, and that's because they provide the best coverage which is numero uno when it comes to a carrier.
  16. #16  

    Default

    I haven't seen anything about the nexus one (yet) that makes me feel the need to jump to it from the droid.
  17. #17  
    Chris Kerrigan's Avatar

    Posts
    3,877 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The matter of the fact is, Verizon doesn't need a phone to make them number one or oodles of money, their network does that. They're the number one US carrier for a reason, and that's because they provide the best coverage which is numero uno when it comes to a carrier.
    Bingo. There is a reason AT&T is NOT the number one carrier in the U.S. anymore. Did Verizon make a mistake in not taking the iPhone? I actually don't think so. It is quite possible that had Verizon been the exclusive carrier to the iPhone, THEY would be having the network traffic and bloating issues that AT&T is experiencing as we speak. Verizon is known for their extremely reliable network, with more coverage than any other American carrier (and may I add, the ONLY carrier in which I could get service with in Baghdad).

    New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
  18. #18  
    Menno's Avatar
    Coffee Addict

    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    There are plenty of unlocked CDMA phones (specifically Nokia) .. but it's only a matter of getting the carrier to activate it for you.
    Nokia phones are GSM, not CDMA. Sprint and Verizon are the two main CDMA providers, there are no "unlocked' phones between them.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menno View Post
    Nokia phones are GSM, not CDMA.
    not entirely true. Verizon sells a couple nokia phones (mainly flips).
  20. #20  

    Default

    You think VZW would take the 30 dollars a month for the phone, money is money after all - :P
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Verizon was looking out for themselves.. they knew Google plans on selling this unlocked and very reasonably priced. They don't want people coming with a data-heavy phone and not being locked down by a contract..

    Come on now, you all know Verizon and how locked down they have their devices.
    You are assuming this is a real gphone...recent rumors are its just another android phone. Which the previous rumors never said it wasn't...in fact, look closely at one of the photos of the phone laying next to a macbook, you can see the HTC branding. The gphone won't have a branding.

    As people have said, nothing said about this phone makes it sound any better than the droid (after it gets 2.1), and t-mobile certainly doesn't either. I'm not sold on a snapdragon phone being much faster, if at all, than the droid. Case in point: the X10.

    As far as verizon passing on it, makes far more sense now that it's been said its just another android phone. Why take away from the Droid and Eris's success? If it was a real gphone, I may have been more curious about verizon passing (if it sounded good). I'm sure more android phones will be released on verizon, and i'm sure one of them will be the passion/bravo or at least similar. So all you snapdragon koolaid drinkers will get snapdragon + verizon at some point in 2010.
  22. #22  
    DNRuffin's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

    Default

    The network comes at a cost - CDMA is kind of out of place in today's world, and if Vodafone had it's way with Verizon, they would have been using GSM instead of CDMA, which would have been a huge plus. Simultaneous Voice and Data is major in today's market, and speed is too, and HSDPA 7.2 and 21+ mbps only prove how even though Verizon has the best coverage, their technology is still lacking. Verizon has even chosen LTE as it's network's successor, which is really designed for the evolution of HSDPA. AT&T and T-Mobile may not have the same footprint as Verizon, but all of their phones are world capable, and they have better 3G networks as opposed to EVDO. Both are launching 7.2 mbps and T-Mobile is also going with 21+ mbps in some areas (Philadelphia), which is faster than current 4G speeds on Sprint.

    I also wanted to add that Verizon didn't pass on this phone, it was specifically designed for T-Mobile (GSM/UTMS/HSDPA) and Verizon may be getting their own CDMA/EVDO version.
    Last edited by druffin16; 12-20-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: More detail.
  23. #23  
    TaeKwonDonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    307 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

    Default

    Sigh... the phone was only designed for T-Mobile's 3G network after Verizon passed on the phone. Had Verizon not passed on the phone, it would have CDMA, who designs a phone before they know the carrier?
    Siemens CF62T> Samsung T329 Stripe Black> MyTouch 3G Black (Android 1.6 Donut)> Blackberry Bold 9700 (5.0.0.330)> Samsung T219 Brown (backup crap dumbphone)> Google/HTC Nexus One (CM7.2)> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2)
  24. #24  
    DNRuffin's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TaeKwonDonkey View Post
    Sigh... the phone was only designed for T-Mobile's 3G network after Verizon passed on the phone. Had Verizon not passed on the phone, it would have CDMA, who designs a phone before they know the carrier?
    They had plans for a GSM version before Verizon was even questioned...
  25. #25  
    TaeKwonDonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    307 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

    Default

    quote the article
    Siemens CF62T> Samsung T329 Stripe Black> MyTouch 3G Black (Android 1.6 Donut)> Blackberry Bold 9700 (5.0.0.330)> Samsung T219 Brown (backup crap dumbphone)> Google/HTC Nexus One (CM7.2)> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B