The trackball is hideous

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
and out of place.

That is all. The phone would look MUCH better if it did not have that trackball there.

Does it actually serve a purpose on a full touch screen phone? I don't own any HTC phone so I wouldn't know.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
When I had the MyTouch the trackball was really convenient when texting because it could be used to place the cursor where your hand wouldn't be accurate enough to get so that you could fix a typo or some other correction

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
So is it only the iPhone where you can hold your finger down on the screen and get a magnifying glass so you can place your cursor where you need to?

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
So is it only the iPhone where you can hold your finger down on the screen and get a magnifying glass so you can place your cursor where you need to?

Yeah because they don't have a track ball to physically perform that function. The track ball is very nice on the Hero. I wonder now how I went so long with out one.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
They should have used an optical trackpad. It is definitely nice having something to scroll small sections / links with, but even blackberry figured out the ball is something to fade out of existence.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
They should have used an optical trackpad. It is definitely nice having something to scroll small sections / links with, but even blackberry figured out the ball is something to fade out of existence.

Exactly makes no sense why they would use this ancient technology. Blackberry trackpads are sexy I messed with the 8530 at verizon and i have to say if i couldn't get an android phone that would be my next choice.

SilverLight98

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Kind of like the d-pad on the droid... not necessary but there anyway. At least it looks kind of cool when there are incoming calls and it flashes....

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Kind of like the d-pad on the droid... not necessary but there anyway. At least it looks kind of cool when there are incoming calls and it flashes....

Haha. You know at first I thought the D-pad was a thumbprint scanner for unlocking the phone. I would have bought it immediately if that were the case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton