Nexus One Speeds on HSPA

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone here seeing a recent drop in speeds on their Nexus One? I realize that speeds are highly dependent on variables such as location, signal, indoors, outdoors, etc. However, I used to get 3-4mbps download speeds on my Nexus One at my office. This was consistent every single day without fail. YouTube used to load in HQ with little delay and no chop.

Then a few weeks ago, the DL speeds dropped to regular 3G speeds (600-700kbps) consistently. Upload speeds stayed the same at 1-2 mbps.

Because the upload speeds have stayed quick, this leads me to believe that all the MyTouch 4g's and G2s are finally dragging the network down, or T-Mobile is somehow maybe prioritizing speeds for full HSPA+ (aka 4G) devices like the MT4G or G2.

Everyone here seeing the same HSPA speeds since it launched in yout market?

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I noticed somewhat of a difference back when HTC HD2 was released for a few weeks, then it went back to normal. I haven't seen any difference since the release of G2, MT4G, or any other phone.

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
nvm i lied

at home i get like 1-1.5

but i went to the tmob store to get a new sim hoping itd improve speed

and i tested the mt4g and g2 as well as my n1 instore

i get almost the same speeds as them...

mt4g=3.5-4
g2=3-3.8
my n1 in store before my new sim was=2.7-3

i used the speedtest.net app

and with my new sim i get the same-ish speeds

i did it when i went to the store across the street and at a stoplight on the way home too
i consistently got above 2.5

so....what really are the benefits of hspa+ right now?

edt: i just tested my phone at home and im getting 3 consistently now(this is with 2 bars service)

i guess getting a new sim really helps

Last edited:

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
nvm i lied
i consistently got above 2.5

so....what really are the benefits of hspa+ right now?

I generally get 7-9 mbps on hspa+ and thats the advantage. Try the test again when the network is less loaded. A higher capacity device probably won't get much more resources allocated to it than a low capacity device unless there are no other limiting factors, such as overall available bandwidth.

What's the advantage of a veyron or a ferarri over a prius for speed during rush hour traffic?

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I generally get 7-9 mbps on hspa+ and thats the advantage. Try the test again when the network is less loaded. A higher capacity device probably won't get much more resources allocated to it than a low capacity device unless there are no other limiting factors, such as overall available bandwidth.

What's the advantage of a veyron or a ferarri over a prius for speed during rush hour traffic?

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

haha well put but at one point there is a difference that isn't worth it unless you're super rich

say a Bmw m3 vs a audi r8

i drove an r8 and had an m3 once and i gotta tell you i was expecting the r8 to be much much faster than it was

lets not turn this into a thread about cars now but you get my jist

*cough* not really 4g speeds on tmobile *COUGH*

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Last week my speeds went back to normal. I don't know what happened but apparently someone flipped the switch. Thanks. I dont get about 4 megs with my nexus 1.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Your speeds were probably throttled due to using too much data. Just a guess. My DL speeds on my N1 are on average during peek hours on T-Mobile between 3.7 to 6.5. My UL speeds stay a very strong 1.4.
The speeds on My new MyTouch 4G are on average 4.2 to over 7.5 on DL and the UL is the same, very steady 1.4. They seem to get faster daily. Off peek hours are crazy fast on both phones.
THANK YOU T-MOBILE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX