...so is the Nexus One just the Passion under a different name?

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
And for a different carrier?

It really looks that way, in both form factor and specs.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Last edited:

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

And, as pointed out a hundred times on the forums, calling it the Google Phone is not correct. And I'm not really sure what you're trying to spread, but you made a comment on the link you just sent saying simply "Trade Name: Google Phone". Nowhere in that link or on those documents does it say Google Phone. It stopped being called that a while ago.

And I think you missed the point of what I said.

I'm saying that the Nexus One is practically the Passion, but it might be under a different name since it is (primarily) going to be under a different carrier.

Much like the Passion has a million names.

Last edited:

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I'd say it's similar to the HTC Mogul / Sprint PPC6800, the HTC Magic / T-Mobile MyTouch3G, and the HTC Dream / T-Mobile G-1.

The significant point is that in the HTC filings BY HTC, HTC is referring to the phone as "Google Phone"

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'd say it's similar to the HTC Mogul / Sprint PPC6800, the HTC Magic / T-Mobile MyTouch3G, and the HTC Dream / T-Mobile G-1.

The significant point is that in the HTC filings BY HTC, HTC is referring to the phone as "Google Phone"

..in just one single filing they referred to it as that, and without "The" in front of "Google Phone", they could simply be referring to it as a Google phone (as in, a phone that runs Google software!). In every single other it's still the Nexus One.

Again, I really don't think you're on to anything at all.

Edit: Sorry, I'm not trying to come across as rude. I'm just trying to state that I think one instance of the term "Google phone" in a sea of "Nexus One"s is extremely insignificant

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Hardware-wise, I'd say they look pretty close.

The only differences I can tell is that the home buttons are differently ordered, and it probably runs Sense instead of stock.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Hardware-wise, I'd say they look pretty close.

The only differences I can tell is that the home buttons are differently ordered, and it probably runs Sense instead of stock.

are you saying the passion will run sense? because the nexus one is stock.

i hope it does in a way, it'll make the wait between releases more justifiable. :)

DrewCSchultz

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
This may not necessarily be THE google phone, but is definitely A Google phone, complete with googles trademark humor.

Fun fact:
The name Nexus One is an homage to the film Blade Runner. The story dealt with a series of advanced replicants (androids) from the Nexus-6 biology. One could assume that Nexus is a progressive series of androids beggining with nexus 1.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
will the nexus one work on verizon?

No. But word in the cloud is there will be a phone of equivalence coming to verizon soon after (look up htc passion / bravo / incredible). It will be similar to Nexus One hardware wise, but with HTC Sense UI.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I know that we will be hearing more about the nexus one today because it is the 5th...wonder if the VZW rumored phone will be announced today, there seems to be a good chance both will be out by the end of the month.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I know that we will be hearing more about the nexus one today because it is the 5th...wonder if the VZW rumored phone will be announced today, there seems to be a good chance both will be out by the end of the month.

I'm hoping so. I've been holding out for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt