1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Default Should i keep my N1 or get rid of it

I just got a brand new N1 off ebay and for the most part i'm liking it but 3 things keep bugging me. The issue of the power button eventually failing, the Adreno 200, Clearpad2000 and the fact that the Nexus S has succeeded it.

So now i'm worried my power button would break outside warranty and i'd be SOL, dev support might start to wane given the debut of the Nexus S which has superior GPU/CPU. We've already seen the Google Maps 5 issue.

Will Google keep supporting it with future updates. I know 2.3/Gingerbread is coming but what about 2.4/Honeycomb...will that be Nexus S and/or newer devices only?

All these worries are making me reconsider
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

No one?

Not many people read this subforum, that's why you haven't gotten a response yet.

How much did you end up paying for it? When did you get it? You should have known that Nexus S was coming out when you bought Nexus One. I think you should keep it, because it should still be supported by google and it is still in top few best phones.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Oh really? i'm new here so i don't know where i'd get the most readership.

I paid 250 ($385) for the N1. The asking price of the Nexus S is 430 ($664) and considering i only wanted to test out Android (iOS is my primary device) and the difference between both devices isn't that great, i didn't want to pay that much for the NS.

I got it on last Sunday.

Stick with it, it's still a great device. Dev support will not wane for a long time. Hell, the G1 still gets great dev support.

Google will continue to support it, but I'm willing to bet there will be features that the hardware can't do, like NFC.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof-KOS View Post
    Stick with it, it's still a great device. Dev support will not wane for a long time. Hell, the G1 still gets great dev support.

Google will continue to support it, but I'm willing to bet there will be features that the hardware can't do, like NFC.
    Agreed. Heep it it's still one of the best Android phones out there and you actually got a great price on it!
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Also, if you want to sell it, you'd probably make some money.
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Do you have to sell it to get another phone ?
    I've had mine for a while now.
    Glad I kept it.
    I just returned the Nexus S yesterday.

Going back to the G2 and keeping the N1 as a backup.
    Hebrews 13:8

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Do you have to sell it to get another phone ?
    I've had mine for a while now.
    Glad I kept it.
    I just returned the Nexus S yesterday.

Going back to the G2 and keeping the N1 as a backup.
    Damn, you have all the latest phones. I see you have a mytouch 4g as well as g2. Which one do you like the most?
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Damn, you have all the latest phones. I see you have a mytouch 4g as well as g2. Which one do you like the most?
    The MyTouch 4G is the best phone available right now for T-Mobile
    hands down. (no track pad on the Nexus S is unacceptable to me)
    But I cant take the bloatware crap T-Mobile installed on
    top of the stock Android 2.2 so I'm going back to the G2 even though
    I dont use the keyboard.

Hebrews 13:8