1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what phone plan did you get?

I really want to get this phone. I'm currently only paying 50 bucks on Sprint's Network for everything i need with my blackberry.

What plan do you have? What does it include?

can we get data only on tmo?

If you want the subsidized price, the Even More 500 plan is the only one you can get. It's 79.99 for
    500 talk minutes. Unlimited nights and weekends. Unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile minutes. Unlimited domestic messaging including SMS, MMS, IM. Android Unlimited Web.

i paid out right $529 for the phone and right now i'm using at&t. but by the end of the month i'll switch to t-mobile $60 plan

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

This completely confuses me.

I'm a complete and total newbie to the Android thing...just sold my Storm 2 on eBay. Once payment goes through I'm canceling contract with Verizon and getting a N1.

What if you need more minutes? What am I missing? Some people use a LOT more than 500 mins per month.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LpnInNC View Post

I'm a complete and total newbie to the Android thing...just sold my Storm 2 on eBay. Once payment goes through I'm canceling contract with Verizon and getting a N1.

What if you need more minutes? What am I missing? Some people use a LOT more than 500 mins per month.

I wouldn't cancel your Verizon. Just sign up with t-mobile and it' should cancel your verizon when your number transfers. Otherwise, you may lose your # if you cancel beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by LpnInNC View Post

I was trying to find it, but i am pretty sure that i saw in a FAQ somewhere that you can order the phone with the 500 min plan then upgrade the plan to more minutes but stay within the "Even more Individual" plans. However, i cannot find the FAQ that i read that on. Will keep looking.

I kept my T-mobile plan.

Quote Originally Posted by seasideclub View Post
    I kept my T-mobile plan.
    Did you pay $530 for the phone?

Do you have to pay full price if your not a new costomer. The wording looked the excisting costomers had to pay more than 179.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie52 View Post
    Do you have to pay full price if your not a new costomer. The wording looked the excisting costomers had to pay more than 179.
    it depends. if your contract is up, or you are not currently on any contract, you can sign up for another contract to be locked in with any phone company you want. and at the time of contract signing, you are, in most cases, eligible to buy a new phone at the subsidized price. for ex) if you are not on any contract with any mobile phone carrier (previously with t-mobile or not) you can sign a new 2-year contract with t-mobile and get the nexus one for $180. and if you sign that contract and get the n1, you have to at least start out with the even more 500 plan or whatever it is. and from there, you can upgrade to a different t-mobie plan.

now, i forgot where i read it but i saw it would be more cost efficient to buy the phone at retail price ($530) then not sign any contract with t-mobile and just sign up for one the monthly plans t-mobile has. they said which plan it was and everything it included (cant name it off the top of my head) and the plan had everything you needed for the n1. and at the end of the 2 years, you will have spent less than you would have if you had signed the contract with t-mobile and stuck with the even more 500 or whatever the default plan for the n1 is. i cant remember the exact amount, but the money you save was enough to pay for the phone.

Is this the one you're talking about? not sure if I'd want to just depend on data on tmobile.

http://www.androidcentral.com/what-n...e-really-costs
    Still not crazy about an unsubsidized phone, though? Below is an interesting 24-month breakdown between the Nexus One with the T-Mobile plan that comes along with a subsidized phone. Here you plainly see that if you buy an unlocked phone and go with a T-Mobile data-only plan (39.99/month), unlimited Skype calls to mobiles and landlines ($2.95/month) and a SkypeIn number ($30/year), you still come out ahead over the two years. In fact, you're ahead of the game in Month 11.

@sd_bber the plan you are thinking about is the Even More plus. You can get unlimited minutes/text/web fior $79.99 for individual plans and $139.99 for 2 line family plans. There are also 500 minute and 1000 minute variants.

Quote Originally Posted by frettfreak View Post
    Did you pay $530 for the phone?
    Sorry for the delay. Yup, paid it. And like it!

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

I bought the phone unlocked so that I could stay on my family plan.
    Siemens CF62T> Samsung T329 Stripe Black> MyTouch 3G Black (Android 1.6 Donut)> Blackberry Bold 9700 (5.0.0.330)> Samsung T219 Brown (backup crap dumbphone)> Google/HTC Nexus One (CM7.2)> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2)

Am I able to buy two unlocked N1s and get a family plan?

Yes.. I believe that there is a max (5 I Think but may be wrong) number of phones per google account that you can buy unsubsidized.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frettfreak View Post
    I was trying to find it, but i am pretty sure that i saw in a FAQ somewhere that you can order the phone with the 500 min plan then upgrade the plan to more minutes but stay within the "Even more Individual" plans. However, i cannot find the FAQ that i read that on. Will keep looking.
    Yeah...the only thing is that I believe you need to keep the $80 plan for at least 120 days. Otherwise Google will charge you the discount that they gave you. After that...I think you can change your plan to whatever...you just have to stick with TMobile for 2 years.

Google is acting as an Authorized Dealer...Authorized Dealers get paid more on certain price plans...If you go walk into an authorized dealer for any cellular carrier...they make you sign an additional contract saying that you will keep the price plan for at least 6 months....otherwise you will be charged for the remaining cost of the phone. - This is also how Google is making money.

The 120 day fine print is in the FAQ page. Under Terms of Service...I believe.
    And guess what? The phone you get after paying 180...is also unlocked. The catch is that you just signed a 2 year contract with TMobile. Plus...the unlocked version is kind of useless since it only uses TMobile 3G. Unless you don't mind using edge on ATT.

I bought the phone unlocked and popped in my old T-Mobile SIM card. I've been a T-Mobile Customer for 5 years and I have the $39.99 plan with 1000 minutes + nights & weekends. I added the Android Data for $24.99. I love the fast 3G speeds on this phone and I love that with T-Mobile I only pay a fraction of what my iPhone friends pay!!