A bit of information on UK nexus one from vodafone

Dan C#WN

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Found this on the vodafone website : Google Nexus One Phone FAQs - Vodafone

some people might find interesting. I particularly like:

Q. Will the phone be available on prepay in the UK?
A. Customers will be able to purchase the Nexus One SIM-free and unlocked and take advantage of Vodafone UK?s Super SIM plans.

With any luck that will mean that the potential multi-touch enabled version can be bought sim free. :)

I can see it all costing a lot more than the ~ ?420 to import from the US but I live in hope :rolleyes:

Dan C#WN

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Phil,

Is this from the google US website? Or is this going to be when it's in the UK? If so - where'd you get this info?

Cheers,

Dan

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
It's an educated guess mate. Most of the Nexus One contracts in the US are around $200, hence we're bound to be paying around ?200 on a contract going by the rule of whatever costs $x in the USA costs ?x in the UK, hence we end up paying about a third more.

As for how many months, most contracts in the UK are for between 18 and 24 months, with the higher end devices being on 24 month contracts. I have not seen 12 month contracts for the past couple of years...

My one concern is that we will be only getting them on plans that cost around ?35-?45 pm on 24 month contracts, so by the time you've worked out how much money the phone company will make off you above the cost of any calls, it would be damn well cheaper to pay for the phone outright and stick your own damn sim in it...

Phil.