| || |
How to only get 3G data on your Nexus One
I read this on another forum and I figured I would share it here since I haven't seen anyone else post it.
Just a few disclaimers/warnings beforehand:
- If you are in an area will only EDGE data, you will get NO data at all with this code
- I only recommend you do this if your entire house/workplace/commute is blanketed in 3G or else you may lose data connection at certain times.
- this is NOT permanent. You can enter the code and change it at any time.
- If you are on AT&T, this will not work and you will not get any data at all, so there's no point in you trying it
- Just so you know, 3G drains your battery faster than EDGE
- If you've never seen your Nexus One receive 3G data, I doubt this will work
- I don't know if this code will work on any other phones whether or not they're made by HTC
- You can still receive Wifi data with this setting on
- Don't touch anything else in these menus if you don't understand it
- I recommend that you download the app Note Everything, make a note
with the code and then make a shortcut to that note on one of your home screens so that you can never forget it
- I'm not the one who originally found this, and I take no credit whatsoever
Follow these steps exactly:
- Go to your dialer
- Enter the following code precisely: *#*#4636#*#*, upon entering the last * it should take you into the menu, if it does not, I recommend forgetting this all together and going back to your androtris
- Choose 'Phone Information'
- Scroll down to where the option box says 'WCDMA preferred' and choose 'WCDMA only'
- Exit without touching anything else unless you know what you are doing
Now your phone is configured to receive 3G data but that means, once again, only 3G data. Remember that you can always go back and change it to get both EDGE and 3G whenever you'd like by entering the code and this time selecting 'WCDMA perferred'. Hopefully this allows those of you on Tmobile to constantly stay on 3G. When the Verizon version comes out, I don't know if this will work on it or if the Verizon version will even have the problem for that matter