Get your Nexus One subsidized? Beware of 2 ETF's...

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
bought mine outright - so no contract and no ETFs! :)

funded it by selling my 3GS ;)

and with the cheaper EMP plan... it will pay for itself in the long run...

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I fail to see how anyone is getting ripped off here.

You agreed when you purchased the N1 to pay an equipment recovery fee if you don't abide by the contract terms.

Wirefly does the same thing if you make any changes to your plan within 6 months and 1 day you get charged

When you sign up for wireless carrier service through Wirefly, we discount your phone purchase price by an Equipment Discount amount ranging from $200 to $300. By ordering through Wirefly, you agree to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, if you:

Fail to pay your balance due to your carrier each month
Disconnect this line of service
Transfer this equipment to another line of service
Change your carrier service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate plan
Deactivate the email/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase
Transfer/port an existing phone number from another account if this is a new line of service
Replace an existing account with this account if this is a new line of service
Return or exchange your phone and it is not in its original, new condition with no more than 30 minutes of usage
If you break any of these contract provisions, except as a result of a documented service quality issue related to the carrier service, you authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of the Equipment Discount.

I guess my question is why is it ok for Wirefly and not Google?

Ryan32

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You can drop the personal responsibility attack. I didn't attack anyone with my comments so keep that crap off this forum.

Second of all, someone is screwed over if they really like the phone but it has too many issues, and the 14 days is up.

If an update doesn't come in those 14 days, they are screwed if they do like the phone despite the problems.

I'll just summarize this for simplicities sake, if you don't plan to keep a phone for 3 and 1/2 months, you shouldn't be subsidizing one on a contract. Period. End of argument.

Last edited:

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
The only complaint here should be the 14 day return policy, other carriers and states should follow California and Sprint by giving the consumer a full 30 days to make a return and cancel service.

Before anyone states that the 30 day policy is only valid in the State of CA, here's proof that Sprint does it across the board regardless of your state.

Our Guarantee

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't find it fair at all.. I find it completely crazy.

When the phone is having major 3G issues, etc.. and those likely won't be fixed within the customer's first 14 days -- they pretty much get screwed into sticking it out, etc..

Thats just one of the first buyer's pains that they have to deal with if they want the newest tech. Its just one of the facts of life

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
The only complaint here should be the 14 day return policy, other carriers and states should follow California and Sprint by giving the consumer a full 30 days to make a return and cancel service.

Before anyone states that the 30 day policy is only valid in the State of CA, here's proof that Sprint does it across the board regardless of your state.

Our Guarantee

Same with Verizon and AT&T I believe as well.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Same with Verizon and AT&T I believe as well.

When I looked into switching services here in Florida both of them quoted me a 14 day test drive period. It is quite possible the reps were wrong.

Edit:
Ah looks like you are right Verizon has the same across the board policy, I had to enter a zip code though to get the return policy https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Name=footer%2FreturnPolicy.jsp&token=66wuF0h0

I stand corrected on both. ATT has the same policy (no zip coded needed to get to it though) http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513