Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

Question Touch screen issue - touch location accuracy gets messed up occasionally

Super happy with the Nexus One... just minor issue is that on occasion - and not sure what triggers it - but the touch location seems to end being below where i actually touch on the screen, which of course causes erratic typing and erroneous screen clicks. A quick cycle of the sleep/power button (not turning unit off, just sleep/blank and back on...) seems to solve the problem.

Hopefully an update will resolve this issue, as it seems to be a software issue.

cheers

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

hmmm - I did experience this but thought it was just me adjusting to the new phone.
    I'll keep a look out.

Default Re: Touch screen issue - touch location accuracy gets messed up o

I have had a similar issue with the Galaxy S II. Could not unlock the phone from the touch screen due to my locations showing up were way below where I was touching.

I think this is due to the latest OTA update, use the latest stable CM7

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

My N1 had done this on stock 2.2.3, 2.3.3 CM7.03 and now 7.1

Off/on clears it (not a reboot, just a screen off/on)

Scott

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Same for me. Occasionally the screen freaks out and I turn it off (standby) wipe my hand accross the screen and back on. That always works. I wonder if it is a grounding or static issue. I have the latest stock version.