Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Default Android 2.2.2

I just got this update just now. Thought it was gingerbread but just a bug fix. Anyone else get it?

ROM

I was just about to post something about this. Darn you beat me to it. What do you think so far? I've noticed the phone has been snappier when changing home screens. Haven't had much time with it yet...I'm stuck at work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

First I googled android 2.2.2 in case it was old and I was just getting it now! So, didn't find anything and thought I would start a new thread.

It feels the same to me. Maybe it's snappier because of the reboot just like mac users say the same thing when an update for the OS arrives!

I hope this means that 2.3 is around the corner and nexus one owners need this update applied first.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Anybody snag the download location?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

FRG83G is the build number if anyone asks. I haven't found any download location yet using google, just OTA.

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

I'm really surprised to see this. Nexus S has had Gingerbread for a full month now and the Nexus One is just now getting another Froyo update. Guess the Nexus One is no longer Google's blessed child.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Here's the manual download location.

ROM

You're probably right on the reboot. Where can you find the changelog to see what was fixed?

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

It's a tiny update, just 558kb.

Just tried to download but getting error message - cannot download the content is not supported on this phone.

My about phone page says my android version is 2.2.1 and build number FRG83D

kernal version 2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320 android-build@apa26 #1

Can anyone help?

This is likely the fix for SMS bug.

Quote Originally Posted by CCRATA View Post
    This is likely the fix for SMS bug.
    Yup. I agree. Also means that Gingerbread is not coming anytime soon, or they wouldn't have bothered.
    Thanked by:
    VCL

What is the code to help force the OTA updates??? I can not remember the proper code #. Any help would be welcomed.
    Thanks
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I believe it's this:

*#*#checkin#*#*

Downloaded the file, can I follow these instructions to apply it to my phone?

How to manually update your Nexus One | Android Central

Thanks for your help, I am a total noob.

Edit: Yay, it worked! Happy happy Nexus
    Last edited by fifteen; 01-21-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VCL View Post
    What is the code to help force the OTA updates??? I can not remember the proper code #. Any help would be welcomed.
    Thanks

it's *#*#checkin#*#*
    VCL

Thanks for code

Hey Google where is Gingerbread? It's been more than a "few weeks" and even then I would have hoped to get it in conjunction with the Samsuck Nexus S(hite). And I do sincerely believe you had an agreement with Samsuck to NOT put Gingerbread on anything else for a certain period of time so that more people would be motivated to get the Nexus S(hite).
    Thanked by:

Let's not turn this into another "GOOGLE IS SCREWING US" thread, please? Gingerbread will come, I'm sure.

Other than a tweaked UI and a few enhancments. It's not a large jump like Froyo was. You're not going to get a huge jump in speed like Froyo.

Quote Originally Posted by vcl View Post
    what is the code to help force the ota updates??? I can not remember the proper code #. Any help would be welcomed.
    *#*#2432546#*#*

Question Nexus One Update?

Had message that there was a system update for my Nexus One..

Hit install.. the phone restarted... checked the "About Phone"... and i am still running 2.2.1 (FRG83G)?????

In the About Phone section i hit check for system updates and it says i am up to date.

Did i miss something? Is it a 2 part update?

Anyone else have this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyako View Post
    it's *#*#checkin#*#*
    This does NOT force an update or a download. You wait your turn, and it gets pushed to you (apparently) in phone purchase order.

The most Checkin does is downloads the update if it is waiting to come to your phone.

ROM
    FRG83D

Quote Originally Posted by BP72 View Post
    Had message that there was a system update for my Nexus One..

Hit install.. the phone restarted... checked the "About Phone"... and i am still running 2.2.1 (FRG83G)?????

In the About Phone section i hit check for system updates and it says i am up to date.

Did i miss something? Is it a 2 part update?

Anyone else have this happen?
    Seeing the same issue the signature is invalid. Re-dowloaded and tried again with the same results.
    Thanked by:
    BP72 

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Quote Originally Posted by ScotterMonkey View Post
    Hey Google where is Gingerbread? It's been more than a "few weeks" and even then I would have hoped to get it in conjunction with the Samsuck Nexus S(hite). And I do sincerely believe you had an agreement with Samsuck to NOT put Gingerbread on anything else for a certain period of time so that more people would be motivated to get the Nexus S(hite).
    I think their waiting to finish 2.4 Gingerbread and skip 2.3.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Who knows, maybe Google had to stop playing with 2.3 on Nexus one to rush this patch out for the SMS bug after the world and everyone's mother made a big deal about it.. Personally I've never experienced the bug and am a heavy SMS user.. Not saying it wasn't a bug.. But I feel it got blown out of proportion...

Either way, I'm on Gingerbread right now and it's really not that big of a deal, I promise - it's more of a "cool, I have 2.3" thing... But honestly from my stock rom I can't tell much difference...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast