Reverting EVERYTHING to stock? Please help!!!!

bambamboom

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
i just bought a nexus one from CL and it was loaded up with a 2.3 rom. Im guessing its not using stock kernals, baseband, etc etc.

Im trying to get it back to stock EVERYTHING. i know i cant relock the bootloader but other than that, i want to revert it back to what you get right when you open the box. im not even sure what a recovery image is... but if its different when u flash different roms, i would like that stock too lol.

i know about the passingimg method but i wasn't sure if thats compatible with all roms (kind of like how unlocking iphones only works with certain basebands). i also wasn't sure if that'll return everything to stock, kernal, OS, modem, radio, recovery (?), etc.

im not very familiar with adb either. can anyone PLEASE help me out?

this is the method im talking about http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ore_your_Nexus

would the passingimg get EVERYTHING back to stock? or would it leave the custom recovery, kernal, or something else etc.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, bambamboom.
Welcome to the forum.

You have come to the right place for answers.... unfortunately, I don't know much about reverting a rooted phone back to stock. However, I'm trying to keep this thread alive by posting - so someone with these type of knowledge will chime in to assist you.

Good luck.
Welcome to AnDroid CentrAL.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, i know about that method. Just not sure if that reverts EVERYTHING to stock. I dont want any traces of custom stuff on the phone..

It does. Or, even easier, is to just fire up ROM Manager, flash FRF91 and let the updates do their thing. That's how I quickly flashed back to stock yesterday for the FRG83G update.

bambamboom

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
It does. Or, even easier, is to just fire up ROM Manager, flash FRF91 and let the updates do their thing. That's how I quickly flashed back to stock yesterday for the FRG83G update.

Oh, i never knew that it actually made everything stock!! (including recovery image, baseband, etc right?). I would do the rom manager method, but im looking to get rid of that too. No traces of anything. Want it completely barebones! :)

btw, love your videos!

bambamboom

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
forgot to ask, does the passimg work for any type of rom? so even if your running CM or gingerbread .20, will the passimg work or does it require certain specs like nothing higher than a specific baseband etc.

bambamboom

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys, final 2 questions! :D

whats the point of rooting if you choose to keep your baseband locked? Wouldn't you need the baseband unlocked to flash custom roms?

and second, if i restore my rooted and unlocked baseband nexus one, do i lose the root? trying to figure out if i have to reroot it if i choose to do that later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1