Verizon Nexus One hardware improvements

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
verizons nexus

Do you guys think the Verizon nexus will be any different than the original. I am not only speaking of the outside hardware. Considering the problems that the T-mobile version had, do you think these will be addressed in the newer version. I am hoping all 99% of the bugs will be worked out for the Verizon nexus one. I say 99% because there will always be bugs and no phone is perfect. ;)

geeanywhere

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Anything T-mobile carries has been disappointment. Surprised the N1 went to a company who always lost money and btw has one of the worst Customer Service. I say Big Red will have to carry the weight to bring N1 to supreme but I am sticking with my droid.LOL

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Alright, how about this. Does anyone think the verizon version could be The Incredible?
Stranger things have happened.

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Your tmo experience isn't typical

Tmo - from 3 years ago when I had them, and today, always rates near the top in independent surveys. Sprint (again back then, though they've made efforts to improve) is at the bottom.
I never had connectivity issues back then, and tmo's customer service was more helpful and knowledgeable about porting my phones to Cing/now ATT than Cingular was. Latest survey results bear this out:

Ratings | J.D. Power

That said, I'm not married to ANY carrier - past my subsidy commitment at least. It is all in the price/performance ratio for me in daily use. I don't like poor customer service, but honestly I usually get whatever is technically possible from any of them because I just wear them out - in a polite way - if required.

Of course, surveys don't matter much to individuals, but they are helpful to folks who have NOT had trouble when considering a provider switch.

But, more on-topic, I EXPECT anything more than 6 months old to be at/near the edge of it's time on the top of the technologically advanced heap. Buying laptops got me over buyer's remorse ages ago - same deal, 6 months and the next fastest processor is out. As others have mentioned, it seems too quick for different hardware for the N1; the product numbers in the FCC approvals may give a hint. If the progression from t-mo to vz to att all look the same or all increment by 100 (or whatever), that's one thing; if they increment a different digit in the sequence, that *could* be a hint, or not!

ADS

Anything T-mobile carries has been disappointment. Surprised the N1 went to a company who always lost money and btw has one of the worst Customer Service. I say Big Red will have to carry the weight to bring N1 to supreme but I am sticking with my droid.LOL

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I think it largely depends on where you live/work/use your phone the most. Where I live the T-mobile coverage is fantastic. In fact, my parents have a lake cabin where once you are about a half hour away VZW is non-existant. I was with VZW for 6+ years before heading to T-mobile, and did so because I would save 100$ a month. I was afraid to make the switch because I heard so many bad experiences on the forums.

I have been pleasantly surprised to discover that not only is the service where I use my phone just as good as verizon, but my experience with customer service has been far better.

I guess what I'm saying is, bag on whatever network you want to, but the reality is where I live, if people claim they are paying top dollar because verizon is "sooooo much better" they are just waisting money and lying to themselves. In areas where verizon is actually better and T-mob is sub par or worse, great!

To say "Anything T-mobile carries has been a disappointment" is a crazy thing to say. The android revolution started with T-mobile, and they have been and continue to be Androids strongest supporter.

Truth is, the numbers speak for themselves, and there are a lot of people going to T-mobile. I for one am loving my unlocked, un-subsidized N1 goodness, and when I head back overseas, it will be pretty nice to be able to use a local sim card.

Flame away.

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
For the price that Google will charge for this, I'd actually hope that they include an LTE radio, for 4G, when it's ready (and then they'll also be ready to have a phone for AT&T's 4G network as well.) If I'm going to pay that much for a phone, I'd want one that has the technology I'm going to want in 18 to 24 months, too.

Well in 18 to 24 months will you be living in an area where 4G will even be rolled out. Most of the time they only roll out the new towers in specific test areas then expand from there. So in 18 to 24 months AT&T may still be 3G in your area and wont make any difference.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Could I buy a case and screen protector for the phone now and not have to worry about it fitting the Verizon version of the nexus one. I was going to buy the Seidio Innocase II and screen protectors today and so they are here and ready to go when I get the vzw N1. Also I am very impressed with the HTC Eris, just traded a BB Storm 2 for one and am impressed with the quality of the phone will I be more impressed with th N1?

jsilvers525

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
i think the only changes might be fixes such as making the 4 sensors on the homescreen more responsive, possible more memory sd card, and possible slightly different colors of the actual phone such as blackberries are different colors from carrier to carrier. Probably not but that would be the only differences i would say.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar