Minimise Roaming Costs

BBOOSE

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Have just returned from overseas and have been slapped with a hefty roaming bill. How can I reduce this?

Ideally, the only data use while roaming would be for email so my questions are:

1) Is there a way to restrict data use for email use only?
2) Is there a setting like on other phones to download only email headers and then if I want to download the whole message I have to manually do it.

Thanks in advance.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Have just returned from overseas and have been slapped with a hefty roaming bill. How can I reduce this?

Ideally, the only data use while roaming would be for email so my questions are:

1) Is there a way to restrict data use for email use only?
2) Is there a setting like on other phones to download only email headers and then if I want to download the whole message I have to manually do it.

Thanks in advance.

1. Nope, data is either on or off unless you phone is rooted then you can use DroidWall which you can set app by app permissions on data usage.

2. I don't think there is a setting for headers only, but you could turn off push and pull email and set it to manually check email. This way you can check when you have a WiFi connection. Another option is to use APNDroid and shut your network data off all together and only turn it on when you want to. I've used APNDroid from day one and it works great.

Kage_