Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked My Screen!!!

The title says it all...

At first it didnt look that bad, just a small hairline fracture along the top of the screen. Then i dropped it again!!! Still wasn't that bad, still used the phone all day until the "purples" and "blues" started pigmenting near the cracks. Slowly started to spread. I suggest not using it after you crack it...

So i called Google Support, arranged a repair. They emailed me a two day shipping label to the repair place and just recieved my phone today.

Does anyone know what the repair time is???

They told me that it could take up to two weeks to repair. I'm still waiting for contact from them because i need to initiate the repair. It's supposed to be anywhere from 100.00 - 230.00 USD.
    Roy Aguilera

Don't know how long the downtime is. Yet that is steep $250.00
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Either 250 or another 583.....

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

I'd think you'd be the first one here that experienced a google/htc repair for the N1. It's no-mans-land right now.
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by signey11 View Post
    Either 250 or another 583.....
    Well when you put it that way, I guess it's not all that bad.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hell Yeah! The first ***** to break it... It's funny because i always tell my girlfriend not to leave it in her lap when she drives, and my dumb@$$ jumps out of the car and claps the back on the concrete. Wasn't the first time tho... I was surprised that it cracked tho because the silicon case usually does the job.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Just an update incase any other idiots breaks their screen, I just sent HTC 115.00 to fix it, still no update one when i will get it back...
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Just an update incase any other idiots breaks their screen, I just sent HTC 115.00 to fix it, still no update one when i will get it back...
    I would not go as far as calling people who break their screens idiots but I do feel for you.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Not horrible....considering the insurance through tmobile charges you 130 bucks. When I broke the screen on my touch pro 2 I was quoted around 200 bucks to fix it by HTC, luckily verizon replaced my phone for free.
    GenericMessage

Bad news: HTC says the Nexus One doesn't 'go in pockets' -- EngadgetInteresting; I just ran across this

Its kinda funny and kinda sad at the same time.

"Nexus one doesn't go in pockets" -HTC
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I just read that thread too... I'v always carried mine in my pocket, and it was just fine. But when i dropped my phone and that tiny crack appeared at the top of the screen, I continued to carry it in my pocket and it slowly got worse...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Got it back today... It's about a week to repair...